    Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
    selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
    for a decent treatment.

    karlpov, Dec 19, 2004

  2. karlpov

    luminos Guest

    "karlpov" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anybody know why this rather good bit of SF got such shoddy treatment?
    > Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
    > selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
    > for a decent treatment.

    It is an other DVD travesty. It is not merely a rather good bit of SF,
    there is so much worse it should be considred a classic.

    luminos, Dec 19, 2004

  3. karlpov

    VICSBOOTH1 Guest

    << It is an other DVD travesty. It is not merely a rather good bit of SF,
    there is so much worse it should be considred a classic. >>

    Glad I copied my WS laser disc to dvd!!!!

    Victor

    "Machine!!!! Call me a machine!!!!!!!!!"---- Gwent

    VICSBOOTH1, Dec 20, 2004
  4. On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:28:23 GMT, karlpov <> scribbled:
    > Anybody know why this rather good bit of SF got such shoddy treatment?
    > Not just pan&scan but, I'm told, without even a menu for scene
    > selection. Nice price, but I would have preferred to pay a little more
    > for a decent treatment.

    Yeah, the Colossus disk is the very definition of barebones: no menus,
    no extras, even the disk title (toss it into a computer with a DVD
    drive) is just a jumble of numbers.

    And the worst thing is that the credits are at least letterboxed,
    but then the movie immediate switches to pan & scan for the
    remainder.

    Consider that Paramount released Testament at the same price
    point, with a decent anamophic transfer and special features: Colossus
    deserved at least that.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Dec 20, 2004