    boe Guest

    I saw a lot of posts about possible artwork about a year ago - any news on
    the release of this movie?
    boe, Jul 27, 2004

  2. boe

    Kishin Guest

    In article <DftNc.166735$a24.59849@attbi_s03>,
    "boe" <> wrote:

    > I saw a lot of posts about possible artwork about a year ago - any news on
    > the release of this movie?

    I was just thinking last week how cool it would be to get this on DVD.
    All I've ever seen is the wildly panning pan&scan tv version. I'd snap
    this one up on release day. Is it indeed coming?

    Kishin
    Kishin, Jul 27, 2004

  3. boe

    luminos Guest

    I have been researching this for some time, and I find no evidence that it
    is projected for release on DVD. I hope that I am wrong and overlooked a
    resource.

    The VHS tape is out of print and is selling at about $45 used up to $155
    new. Fortunately, I bought this when it was in print. It is, however, not
    in the original aspect ratio.

    luminos, Jul 27, 2004
  4. boe

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Monkey, the Great and Powerful luminos declared:

    > The VHS tape is out of print and is selling at about $45 used up to $155
    > new.

    Really?

    Man, one of these days I really need to go through my old tape collection.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    You can be fugly and a nice guy and get laid, or you can be gorgeous
    Sean O'Hara, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Sean O'Hara wrote:

    > Really?
    >
    > Man, one of these days I really need to go through my old tape collection.

    In the meantime I have a copy of the original
    widescreen release on dvd-r direct from laserdisc
    is anyone is interested.

    Darrel :)
    Darrel Christenson, Jul 27, 2004
  6. boe

    James Guest

    How much should the double-feature widescreen laserdiscs of Colossus:
    The Forbin Project and Silent Running be worth on eBay?

    I only found 2 of these sell on eBay for a bit under $30, and yet I
    saw the P&S VHS tape go for $33. Why would anyone pay up to $45 for a
    P&S VHS tape but the widescreen double-feature LD barely fetches $30
    if you're lucky? More eBay illogic...

    I bought my set brand new, watched it once, and never touched it
    again. It was the cheapest way I could get Silent Running which is now
    available on DVD, and since I didn't like Colossus I wouldn't mind
    selling the set if I could get enough to be worthwhile.

    James, Aug 9, 2004
  7. Not as many people have laserdisc compared to VHS so the pool of
    available buyers is less.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 9, 2004
  8. boe

    luminos Guest

    The PS version of Colossus has gone for as much as $155.

    Sorry you did not like this masterpiece.

    luminos, Aug 9, 2004
  9. hi--

    i have this one in my main archive. Forbin didn't particularly tickle my
    ow-bow bone, so if you want me to, i'll list it on ebay and let the open
    market determine final selling price--- or, you can show up with a copy of
    looney toons box set #5 and i'll swap effen-steffen.
    enjoy---:)

    douglas pratt, Aug 10, 2004