    will be fullscreen only. This doesn't seem like Universal (who's usually
    pretty good about putting things out in OAR). So, does anyone know?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    fred Guest

    Wasn't this a made for TV movie? If so its OAR may af been
    fullscreen.

    fred, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Michael Rogers

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Wasn't this a made for TV movie? If so its OAR may af been
    > fullscreen.
    >
    > On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:58:40 GMT, Michael Rogers
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Amazon doesn't specify one or the other but the reviews seem to say it
    > >will be fullscreen only. This doesn't seem like Universal (who's usually
    > >pretty good about putting things out in OAR). So, does anyone know?
    > >
    > >Mike

    This was NOT a made for TV movie, and it was probablly
    2:35:1.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Michael Rogers

    luminos Guest

    "fred" <> wrote in message
    > Wasn't this a made for TV movie? If so its OAR may af been
    > fullscreen.

    No no no. The original ratio is a wonderful 2.35:1

    luminos, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Michael Rogers

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > OTOH, it came out as a B-movie in the 70's, and probably wasn't.
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    Probably wasn't What???

    2:35:1 or made for tv.

    I asked my wife (who is the arbiter of all things important
    in the universe) and SHE says 1:78:1 BUT the currently
    available DvD is Pan&Scan NOT open matte. She has a memory
    like no-one else Ive ever met... Probably has to do with
    having an IQ like a phone number.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Michael Rogers

    Larry Guest

    In article <>, logos1
    @trip.net says...
    > She should check her Mensa back. She is wrong.

    Well I dont argue with her EVER! but I remember it being
    either 1.85:1 or 2.35:1

    (Just between you and me)

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Nov 2, 2004

    Derek Janssen, Nov 2, 2004
  8. On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:15:36 -0500, Larry <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, logos1
    >@trip.net says...
    >> She should check her Mensa back. She is wrong.

    >Well I dont argue with her EVER! but I remember it being
    >either 1.85:1 or 2.35:1
    >
    >(Just between you and me)

    Just in case it hasn't been referenced:

    <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/technical>

    Whether or not you want to trust this information is, of course, up to you...

    - R.

    Rob Barnhardt, Nov 3, 2004
  9. On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:41:02 -0500, Rob Barnhardt <>
    wrote:

    >Just in case it hasn't been referenced:
    >
    ><http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/technical>
    >
    >Whether or not you want to trust this information is, of course, up to you...

    Also, <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/laserdisc>.

    Finally, in case you doubt the laserdisc existed, here it is (was):

    <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=6332520164&rd=1>

    - R.

    Robert Barnhardt, Nov 3, 2004
  10. Michael Rogers

    HungInSI Guest

    I own the laser and it is true 2.35:1 Panavision, so hopefully the dvd will be
    the same

    HungInSI, Nov 3, 2004
  11. Derek Janssen <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > >>Wasn't this a made for TV movie? If so its OAR may af been
    > >>fullscreen.

    > > This was NOT a made for TV movie, and it was probablly
    > > 2:35:1.

    > OTOH, it came out as a B-movie in the 70's, and probably wasn't.

    I could have sworn it was a made for tv movie. I only saw it
    on tv, and I have no recollection of knowing about it before
    that.

    On the other hand, I did check in Leonard Maltin's book because
    I was sure this was the reason it was fullscreen, and it doesn't
    list it as a made for tv movie.

    I don't think I've seen the film since it aired on network TV
    in the early seventies.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Nov 3, 2004
  12. Michael Rogers

    Me Guest

    On 03 Nov 2004 07:12:34 GMT, (HungInSI) wrote:

    >I own the laser and it is true 2.35:1 Panavision, so hopefully the dvd will be
    >the same

    I thought the only DVD listing I saw of Colossus: The Forbin Project
    was pan & scan. Otherwise it would make no sense why people are paying
    $35-$50 + shipping on eBay to buy the widescreen laserdisc of it.

    If I ever had the time to re-connect my laserdisc player so I could
    verify that my LD is still OK, I would put my Colossus/Silent Running
    laserdisc set up on eBay because I only bought it for Silent Running
    which is available in widescreen on DVD.

    I'd be happy to get $35-$40 + shipping for it, but by the time I get
    to listing it on eBay (probably next year) nobody may want it any
    more, even though if the DVD is only pan & scan you'd think fans would
    always prefer the LD.

    Me, Nov 4, 2004
  13. It was a bomb so most people have only seen it on TV but it was a 2.35
    to 1 film. I hope that it will be in widescreen on DVD.

    Best,
    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 4, 2004
  14. On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 06:15:33 GMT, (Me) wrote:

    >On 03 Nov 2004 07:12:34 GMT, (HungInSI) wrote:
    >
    >>I own the laser and it is true 2.35:1 Panavision, so hopefully the dvd will be
    >>the same

    >I thought the only DVD listing I saw of Colossus: The Forbin Project
    >was pan & scan. Otherwise it would make no sense why people are paying
    >$35-$50 + shipping on eBay to buy the widescreen laserdisc of it.
    >
    >If I ever had the time to re-connect my laserdisc player so I could
    >verify that my LD is still OK, I would put my Colossus/Silent Running
    >laserdisc set up on eBay because I only bought it for Silent Running
    >which is available in widescreen on DVD.
    >
    >I'd be happy to get $35-$40 + shipping for it, but by the time I get
    >to listing it on eBay (probably next year) nobody may want it any
    >more, even though if the DVD is only pan & scan you'd think fans would
    >always prefer the LD.

    You are correct - Univeral is releasing it in P&S "Full Frame"-Idiots!

    http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=35166

    Charles
    nzvideos.org

    Charles Eggen, Nov 4, 2004