    5.1 sound xompromised it. And is only available in 5.1 sound on dvd.

    and you can't hear that part of the original music in 5.1 sound either. the
    5.1 sound compromised the artistic integrity of the original sound director.
    Waterperson77, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Waterperson77

    Poisonmail Guest

    >So I'm watching the colorized version of "Scrooge" tonight, and you can't
    >complain about that

    Um. Neat.

    n.
    ======================
    Nathan Phillips
    http://www.dusty-books.com/
    Poisonmail, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Waterperson77

    Richard C. Guest

    Now you are imitating max...........

    ==========
    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    : Tonight at midnight, one of the tv stations here is showing the colorized
    : version of "Scrooge".
    :
    : I know it's colorized because the tv guides say so, plus the actors listed in
    : the parts proves to me it was originally filmed in black and white.
    :
    : So I'm watching the colorized version of "Scrooge" tonight, and you can't
    : complain about that compromising the artistic integrity of the director,
    : because most of you also listen to mono-only movies in 5.1 surround sound which
    : compromises the artistic integrity of the original sound director.
    :
    : (such as the Star Trek dvds where you can't hear part of the music of the
    : opening theme in any of the episodes even when listened to in mono,because the
    Richard C., Dec 20, 2003
  4. Waterperson77

    fRED Guest

    > Tonight at midnight, one of the tv stations here is showing the colorized
    > version of "Scrooge".
    >
    > I know it's colorized because the tv guides say so, plus the actors listed in
    > the parts proves to me it was originally filmed in black and white.
    >
    > So I'm watching the colorized version of "Scrooge" tonight, and you can't
    > complain about that compromising the artistic integrity of the director,

    Of course not, because anyone that thinks it should be viewed in black and white,
    can just turn the color off on their TV set and watch it in black and white, while
    those that want to watch it in color can see it that way. EVERYONE is happy and
    can watch it the way they prefer.

    Now if only you could adjust a setting on your TV to turn letterboxed movies (and
    now even COMMERCIALS!) so they fit the screen, everyone could be happy in that area
    too.

    NO ONE has a problem with movies being colorized, because every TV set has the
    ability to restore the movies to original black and white instantly.

    The only ones that could complain, are assholes that don't want others to be able
    to see it with color, even if they don't have to themselves.

    Sort of like the assholes who want to force everyone to watch movies in either
    fullscreen or letterboxed and think every movie should only exist in one format
    rather than in both to make everyone happy.

    I hate assholes. Does that make me a racist?
    fRED, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Waterperson77

    jayembee Guest

    (Waterperson77) wrote:

    > Tonight at midnight, one of the tv stations here is
    > showing the colorized version of "Scrooge".
    >
    > I know it's colorized because the tv guides say so, plus
    > the actors listed in the parts proves to me it was
    > originally filmed in black and white.
    >
    > So I'm watching the colorized version of "Scrooge" tonight,
    > and you can't complain about that compromising the artistic
    > integrity of the director,

    Sure I can.

    > because most of you also listen to mono-only movies in 5.1
    > surround sound which compromises the artistic integrity of
    > the original sound director.

    I don't listen to mono-remixed-to-5.1 soundtracks if I can
    help it. The only time I've been unable to help it is with
    JAWS.

    > (such as the Star Trek dvds where [it's] only available
    > in 5.1 sound on dvd.

    And I haven't bought them for that very reason. Which reminds
    me that I should write to Paramount and tell them that if
    they are going to reissue TOS in season sets after they've
    finished with VOYAGER, to please include the original mono
    tracks as an option, or I won't be buying those, either.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Waterperson77

    Richard C. Guest

    "fRED" <> wrote in message news:...
    :
    : Of course not, because anyone that thinks it should be viewed in black and white,
    : can just turn the color off on their TV set and watch it in black and white, while
    : those that want to watch it in color can see it that way. EVERYONE is happy and
    : can watch it the way they prefer.

    ==================
    WRONG!

    The texture of the grey scale is totally wrong when you do that.
    B&W should be B&W.

    The picture is screwed up doing it as you describe.
    =====================
    :
    : Now if only you could adjust a setting on your TV to turn letterboxed movies (and
    : now even COMMERCIALS!) so they fit the screen, everyone could be happy in that area
    : too.

    ==============
    Just get one with ZOOM and you should be extatic!
    ================
    :
    : NO ONE has a problem with movies being colorized, because every TV set has the
    : ability to restore the movies to original black and white instantly.
    :
    =================
    Actually ALL film purists have a problem with movies being colorized.
    See the reason above.
    ===================

    : The only ones that could complain, are assholes that don't want others to be able
    : to see it with color, even if they don't have to themselves.
    :
    : Sort of like the assholes who want to force everyone to watch movies in either
    : fullscreen or letterboxed and think every movie should only exist in one format
    : rather than in both to make everyone happy.

    ================
    Actually, the assholes are the ones that want everything altered and butchered to
    make them happy.
    =================
    :
    : I hate assholes. Does that make me a racist?
    :
    =================
    No....it just makes you ignorant.
    ================

    Richard C., Dec 20, 2003
  8. Waterperson77

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Richard C., says...
    > Now you are imitating max...........

    Carefull! Don't say his name 3 times, or he might appear.
    Mark Spatny, Dec 21, 2003
  9. >st get one with ZOOM and you should be extatic!
    >=======

    oh, yes. I forgot that most of the tv sets made between the old sets and the
    new sets had zoom modes.

    If your tv has that, use the "zoom" mode on the remote or the set instead of
    the "vertical size" button.

    If you have an old tv (such as a black and white without zoom), then you would
    need to use the vertical size knob.
    Waterperson77, Dec 24, 2003
  10. > don't listen to mono-remixed-to-5.1 soundtracks if I can
    >help it. The only time I've been unable to help it is with
    >JAWS.

    accepted. Then you're one of the exceptions.

    I did say "most people in this newsgroup", not "everyone in this newsgroup".

    Therefore, you can complain about it.

    >And I haven't bought them for that very reason. Which reminds
    >me that I should write to Paramount and tell them that if
    >they are going to reissue TOS in season sets after they've
    >finished with VOYAGER, to p

    As much as I'd like to see that, I think it's more likely that Paramount will
    release season sets of "Enterprise" on dvd first efore they release season sets
    of the original "Star Trek".
    Waterperson77, Dec 24, 2003