color

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gimpy, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know

    Gimpy, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Gimpy

    Justin Guest

    Gimpy wrote on [Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:21:27 -0400]:
    > In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know
    >> where you left off. Is there some way to set up firefox so it will do
    >> the same thing ? Thanks Gimpy

    I expect more information is required.

    What sort of group or message are you talking about? IE and Firefox are
    web browsers, so it can't be newsgroups.

    Justin, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Gimpy

    Dan C Guest

    Gimpy wrote:
    > In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know
    >> where you left off. Is there some way to set up firefox so it will do
    >> the same thing ? Thanks Gimpy

    Tools|Options|Content|colors|(link colors)

    Dan C, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Gimpy wrote:
    > In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know
    >> where you left off. Is there some way to set up firefox so it will do
    >> the same thing ? Thanks Gimpy

    what group? What are you talking about?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > Gimpy wrote:
    >> In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know
    >>> where you left off. Is there some way to set up firefox so it will do
    >>> the same thing ? Thanks Gimpy

    > Tools|Options|Content|colors|(link colors)

    Thanks Dan but I don't see a "link colors" Underline yes & thats
    checked. What am I missing.? Maybe a better explanation would help. Using
    IE, yahoo main page, yahoo groups. When looking at a message within any
    yahoo group it turns a color so you know you have looked at that one as well
    as letting you know where you left off if you leave & then come back later.
    Thats what I was looking to duplicate in firefox. Thanks gimpy..

    Gimpy, Oct 13, 2007
  6. Gimpy wrote:
    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> Gimpy wrote:
    >>> In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know
    >>>

    >> Tools|Options|Content|colors|(link colors)

    > Thanks Dan but I don't see a "link colors" Underline yes & thats
    > checked. What am I missing.? Maybe a better explanation would help.

    what version of FF are you using. If its 2.x, then there are
    two sections. One is called Text and Background, and the
    other is Link Colors. Under Link Colors it contains
    Unvisited Links, and Visited Links.

    > Using
    > IE, yahoo main page, yahoo groups. When looking at a message within any
    > yahoo group it turns a color so you know you have looked at that one as well
    > as letting you know where you left off if you leave & then come back later.
    > Thats what I was looking to duplicate in firefox. Thanks gimpy..

    FF should do it aswell. Is the allow pages to use their own
    colors checked?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 13, 2007
  7. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    wrote in message news:fepp6m$j8c$...
    > Gimpy wrote:
    >> "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Tools|Options|Content|colors|(link colors)

    >> Thanks Dan but I don't see a "link colors" Underline yes & thats
    >> checked. What am I missing.? Maybe a better explanation would help.

    > what version of FF are you using. If its 2.x, then there are two sections.
    > One is called Text and Background, and the other is Link Colors. Under
    > Link Colors it contains Unvisited Links, and Visited Links.
    >
    >> Using IE, yahoo main page, yahoo groups. When looking at a message within
    >> any yahoo group it turns a color so you know you have looked at that one
    >> as well as letting you know where you left off if you leave & then come
    >> back later. Thats what I was looking to duplicate in firefox. Thanks
    >> gimpy..

    > FF should do it aswell. Is the allow pages to use their own colors
    > checked?
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
    > click on the Reply button, not the Reply All or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:

    Thankas Peter I do have 2x firefox & now see the link section. I do have
    colors selected for unvisited & visited sited & yes The box to allow pages
    to use their own color is ckecked ? Still don't get any color ? Gimpy

    Gimpy, Oct 13, 2007
  8. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    Gimpy, Oct 15, 2007
  9. Gimpy

    Miller Guest

    *Gimpy* wrote on 15.10.07 21:08:
    > "Miller" <> wrote in message
    >> *Gimpy* wrote on 12.10.07 21:21:
    >>> In IE when you look at a message in a group it turns color so you know

    >> You've got your Browser-History activated?
    >> If you set it to 0 [Days or so..] your visited links won't change
    >> their color.
    >>
    >> cu, M.

    > Thanks M but not sure how to see if browser history is
    > checked or not, I don't see how to set days either.. Thanks Gimpy

    Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Remember visited pages...

    Miller, Oct 15, 2007
  10. Gimpy

    Gimpy Guest

    "Miller" <> wrote in message
    > *Gimpy* wrote on 15.10.07 21:08:
    >> "Miller" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> You've got your Browser-History activated?
    >>> If you set it to 0 [Days or so..] your visited links won't change
    >>> their color.
    >>>
    >>> cu, M.

    >> Thanks M but not sure how to see if browser history is
    >> checked or not, I don't see how to set days either.. Thanks Gimpy

    > Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Remember visited pages...

    Thanks Miller, that did the trick.. Gimpy

    Gimpy, Oct 16, 2007