    My gut tells me that there should be a standardized way to correct for
    the wrong color temperature.

    Many thanks

    Dustbunny, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Dustbunny

    chidalgo Guest

    Dustbunny wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten. I know I can manually try
    > to get it close, but was curious if something more scientific exists.
    > My gut tells me that there should be a standardized way to correct for
    > the wrong color temperature.

    If you shoot RAW, the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in can change the white
    balance of your picture when you open it.

    Also, Photoshop CS got "Photo Filters". Inside this options, you can
    simulate the filters used to balance the white using day-film indoors
    (tungsten or incandecent bulbs).

    --
    chidalgo

    chidalgo, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Dustbunny

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Dustbunny" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten. I know I can manually try
    > to get it close, but was curious if something more scientific exists.
    > My gut tells me that there should be a standardized way to correct for
    > the wrong color temperature.
    >
    > Many thanks

    PaintShop Pro does it nicely, I am trying to find the same thing in
    PhotoShop CS. Nope, nothing like it.

    Canada is whipping the Russians in Hockey 6 to 1 right now.....

    Rudy Benner, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Dustbunny

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "chidalgo" <> wrote in message
    > Dustbunny wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    >> setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    >> with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten. I know I can manually try
    >> to get it close, but was curious if something more scientific exists.
    >> My gut tells me that there should be a standardized way to correct for
    >> the wrong color temperature.

    > If you shoot RAW, the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in can change the white
    > balance of your picture when you open it.
    >
    > Also, Photoshop CS got "Photo Filters". Inside this options, you can
    > simulate the filters used to balance the white using day-film indoors
    > (tungsten or incandecent bulbs).
    >
    > --
    > chidalgo

    Curves works fairly well too.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Dustbunny

    Musty Guest

    "Dustbunny" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten. I know I can manually try
    > to get it close, but was curious if something more scientific exists.
    > My gut tells me that there should be a standardized way to correct for
    > the wrong color temperature.
    >
    > Many thanks

    RAW, RAW, RAW. Sorry, just couldnt help myself. Then use one of the many
    options. You can try to dropper tool to select what is supposed to be
    "white" and everything will adjust accordingly. Now, this is fine, but
    sometimes you want the image to actually look like tungsten instead of
    "natural" light. But again, RAW is your best bet.

    Musty, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Dustbunny <> writes:

    > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors

    I use Elements, and it has a tool that does this. I assume it's not in
    PhotoShop, but here are the directions for Elements. From the Enhance menu,
    select Adjust Color -> Remove Color Cast...

    You put the resulting tool on a white, grey, or black area, the program
    figures out which you mean, and adjusts the colors. Sometimes it guesses
    grey when I mean white, but another stab at it works. See
    http://www.civex.com/orig.jpg
    http://www.civex.com/fixed.jpg
    for samples. All with just a touch of the tool.

    Phil Stripling, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Dustbunny

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    > Dustbunny <> writes:
    >
    >> I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    >> setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors

    > I use Elements, and it has a tool that does this. I assume it's not in
    > PhotoShop, but here are the directions for Elements. From the Enhance
    > menu,
    > select Adjust Color -> Remove Color Cast...
    >
    > You put the resulting tool on a white, grey, or black area, the program
    > figures out which you mean, and adjusts the colors. Sometimes it guesses
    > grey when I mean white, but another stab at it works. See
    > http://www.civex.com/orig.jpg
    > http://www.civex.com/fixed.jpg
    > for samples. All with just a touch of the tool.
    > --
    > Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    > The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    > http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.

    I had Elements, found it too clunky, dumped for Photoshop CS.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 5, 2005
  8. "Rudy Benner" <> writes:

    > I had Elements, found it too clunky, dumped for Photoshop CS.

    So you'll know if there's a comparable one-step color-correction in
    PhotoShop, right?

    Phil Stripling, Jan 5, 2005
  9. Dustbunny

    Guest

    Dustbunny <> wrote:
    > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten.

    It's one of the standard photo filters; I think #80.

    Andrew.

    , Jan 5, 2005
  10. Dustbunny

    Darrell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Dustbunny <> wrote:
    > > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    > > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    > > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten.

    > It's one of the standard photo filters; I think #80.
    >
    > Andrew.

    And how would you apply an 80B after the photo was taken? To answer the
    original question there are plug-ins for PhotoShop like White Balance fro
    The Imaging Factory http://www.theimagingfactory.com

    Darrell, Jan 5, 2005
  11. Dustbunny

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:48:01 -0500, "Darrell" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Dustbunny <> wrote:
    >> > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    >> > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    >> > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten.

    >> It's one of the standard photo filters; I think #80.
    >>
    >> Andrew.

    >And how would you apply an 80B after the photo was taken?

    In Photoshop CS, 'Image, Adjustment, Photo Filter' - Choose Cooling
    #80 and whatever density works for you.

    >To answer the
    >original question there are plug-ins for PhotoShop like White Balance fro
    >The Imaging Factory http://www.theimagingfactory.com

    Or shoot RAW if you can, the Photoshop RAW importer lets you select
    the white balance at the time of import.

    --
    Owamanga!

    Owamanga, Jan 5, 2005
  12. Dustbunny

    RSD99 Guest

    (1) Go to Adobe's Studio Exchange web site
    (2) Look for a plug-in called

    "Color Temperature Correct"

    Filename: agdcolor.zip
    http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=7793&back=http:
    %2F%2Fshare%2Estudio%2Eadobe%2Ecom%2FaxQuickSearchSubmit%2Easp%3Ftxt%3Dcolo
    r%2Btemperature%26allprods%3D0%26submit1%2Ex%3D23%26submit1%2Ey%3D10

    or you could go directly to the ADG Software site in Russia. and download
    the shareware version of the same plugin

    http://plugin.artdesign.ru/

    RSD99, Jan 5, 2005
  13. Phil Stripling wrote:

    > "Rudy Benner" <> writes:
    >

    >>I had Elements, found it too clunky, dumped for Photoshop CS.

    > So you'll know if there's a comparable one-step color-correction in
    > PhotoShop, right?

    There is an adjustment that's for automatic color corrections, but few I
    know of use it.

    An adjustment layer for Curves does it pretty well once you know how to
    use it. The middle dropper is for grey values, and sometimes that alone
    will do it. For color casts, I have come to appreciate separate levels
    in R, G and B to remove 'em.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jan 5, 2005
  14. Dustbunny

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    couple of ways you can do it. you can use the Photofilterby going to Image >
    Adjustments > Photofilter
    Use a blue filter and adjust the bar until the picture is to you liking.
    You can also go to Adjustments > Levels and use one of the eye droppers. Place
    the rightmost one on an are that is white, or the middle one on an are that you
    know should be grey, or the leftmost one on an area that you know should be
    black. That would take care of the color cast.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jan 6, 2005
  15. Dustbunny

    Guest

    Darrell <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Dustbunny <> wrote:
    >> > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard transform
    >> > setting for Photoshop that would color correct a shot taken indoors
    >> > with normal WB setting instead of Tungsten.

    >> It's one of the standard photo filters; I think #80.

    > And how would you apply an 80B after the photo was taken?

    Image>Adjustments>Photo Filter>80

    Where's the problem?

    Andrew.

    , Jan 6, 2005