    print a photo the color isn't right. Seems I'm not getting any blue in
    photos,I tried deep cleaning a few times yet no success. Any suggestions.
    Thanks Steve

    Stephen, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Stephen

    rafe b Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:30:04 GMT, "Stephen" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a canon i860 photo printer it always worked great but now when I
    >print a photo the color isn't right. Seems I'm not getting any blue in
    >photos,I tried deep cleaning a few times yet no success. Any suggestions.

    What does the nozzle check show?

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe b, Mar 4, 2006

  3. Stephen wrote:
    > I have a canon i860 photo printer it always worked great but now when I
    > print a photo the color isn't right. Seems I'm not getting any blue in
    > photos,I tried deep cleaning a few times yet no success. Any suggestions.
    > Thanks Steve

    Replace the head or just get a new printer. There have been some advances.

    GAry Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Mar 4, 2006
  4. Stephen wrote:
    > I have a canon i860 photo printer it always worked great but now when
    > I print a photo the color isn't right. Seems I'm not getting any blue
    > in photos,I tried deep cleaning a few times yet no success. Any
    > suggestions. Thanks Steve

    One of your inks has run out. Get a new cartridge.

    Dennis Pogson, Mar 4, 2006
  5. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Nozzle check looks good, this is driving me crazy!!!

    Stephen, Mar 4, 2006
  6. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Stephen, Mar 4, 2006
  7. Stephen

    rafe b Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:38:52 GMT, "Stephen"
    <thedoghouse(spam)@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Nozzle check looks good, this is driving me crazy!!!

    Hmmm. Nozzle check is good, you say?
    Including all cyan, magenta, and black nozzles?

    What happens when you print a known-
    good image, one that's printed well
    before?

    What else has changed on your system?

    You aren't using a new brand of paper,
    suddenly? New inks?

    OK, here's a possibility, one that you're
    not going to want to hear. Canon and HP
    and Lexmark printers have thermal heads.
    These heads have heaters (no, I'm not kidding.)
    The heaters keep the head at constant
    temperature.

    My Canon S9000 died when the heater
    regulation -- apparently on the main