    do not see any image in the window even when I set the brightness to max.

    Please help me .

    Thanks

    Sanath Meegalla, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Sanath Meegalla

    RR Guest

    Get the brand new Eye-One Version 2.... its completely automatic and has a
    new even higher precision colorimeter. The software is great too.

    Just got mine, and it can't be easier than this. Set the colorimeter on your
    monitor (LCD or CRT) and click go.

    Its around $239

    "Sanath Meegalla" <> wrote in message
    > I appreciate your help on calibrating my monitor. I just bought the

    "Spider"
    > with "Optical" software. In the percale mode it asked me to do the
    > following.
    >
    > 1. Select the target color temp.
    > 2. Set the contrast to max.
    > 3. Set the brightness to minimum.
    > 4. Adjust the brightness until the image is barely visible.
    >
    > I have following questions?
    >
    > 1.What is the color temp. for CRT monitor?
    > 4. In step 4 above I do not understand what image they are talking about.

    > do not see any image in the window even when I set the brightness to max.
    >
    > Please help me .
    >
    > Thanks

    ---

    RR, Nov 6, 2004

  3. "Sanath Meegalla" <> wrote in

    > I appreciate your help on calibrating my monitor. I just bought the
    > "Spider" with "Optical" software. In the percale mode it asked me to
    > do the following.
    >
    > 1. Select the target color temp.
    > 2. Set the contrast to max.
    > 3. Set the brightness to minimum.
    > 4. Adjust the brightness until the image is barely visible.
    >
    > I have following questions?
    >
    > 1.What is the color temp. for CRT monitor?

    The target color temperature is not the color temperature
    of the monitor, but rather the color temperature you want
    it to be after callibration. 6500 is a common choice, but it
    is not the only one. It dependes on the light were you work.

    > 4. In step 4 above I do not understand what image they are talking
    > about. I do not see any image in the window even when I set the
    > brightness to max.

    I have no idea - my monitor does not support Precal mode - so
    I have not made any Precal. It might be that your monitor is
    not all that good - so it cannot display dark details. BTW -
    doeas your monitor support individual gain control? If it does
    not - you cannot use Precal.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Nov 6, 2004