    in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    Mukie, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Mukie

    SgtMinor Guest

    Mukie wrote:

    > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    With a second minor (I would suggest social studies) you'll be able to
    start on the day shift at McDonald's, rather than have to spend three
    years working midnight like most employees.

    --
    "Always offer the super size option."

    SgtMinor, Feb 5, 2005

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 4 Feb
    2005 19:45:25 -0800, (Mukie) screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    >If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    >in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    >any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    >and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    With your degrees, you should be wondering if you are going to be
    waiting tables or tending bar.

    ---

    Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <>

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Mukie

    Avenger© Guest

    Avenger©, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Mukie

    Avenger©, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Mukie

    Jim Heckler Guest

    On 4 Feb 2005 19:45:25 -0800, (Mukie) wrote:

    >If a BA students has a major --- Rest Snipped

    Might want to consider a refresher class in grammar! (Or if that was
    a typo, I apologize)

    Ciao!

    Jim Heckler, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Mukie

    Richard Guest

    On 4 Feb 2005 19:45:25 -0800 Mukie wrote:

    > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    Actually, you should choose something extremely meaningful for a future
    career.
    Art history is ok if you want to be a museum employee.
    But now if you choose something like the history of Chile, then maybe you've
    got a good chance of really making a move up the old proverbial ladder.
    Ok. Then how about Bralizian History?

    Let's face it. Half the crap you learn in school you'll never use again on
    the job.
    Many milliionaires never made it through college.
    Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame never finished high school.

    Richard, Feb 5, 2005
  8. Mukie

    Plato Guest

    Mukie wrote:

    > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
    for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
    more marketable than communications.

    Plato, Feb 5, 2005
  9. Mukie

    Liz Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote
    > Mukie wrote:
    > >
    > > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    > > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    > > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    > > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

    > If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
    > for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
    > more marketable than communications.

    Government projections do show that some of the fastest growing
    areas of the job market for the next eight years are ones that are
    hard to send overseas: health care, education, bars and restaurants,
    and government. Of the new jobs, 20.8 million are expected to be
    in the service sector, compared to 770,000 in the manufacturing.
    The hottest job area is expected to be health care which BLS sees
    as adding 3.5 million jobs from 2002 to 2012, due to an aging population
    and an increases in the number of treatable diseases. Doctors, pharmacists,
    veterinarians and nurses can all look forward to good job markets.

    Annual average job openings
    Maintenance and repair: 44,978
    Secondary school teachers: 45,761
    Retail managers: 48,645
    Elementary school teachers: 54,701
    Truck drivers: 62,517
    Sales representatives: 66,239
    General managers and operations manager: 76,245
    Postsecondary teachers: 95,980
    Nurses: 110,119

    Liz, Feb 6, 2005
  10. Mukie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message
    | "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote
    | > Mukie wrote:
    | > >
    | > > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
    | > > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
    | > > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
    | > > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?
    | >
    | > If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
    | > for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
    | > more marketable than communications.
    |
    | Government projections do show that some of the fastest growing
    | areas of the job market for the next eight years are ones that are
    | hard to send overseas: health care, education, bars and restaurants,
    | and government.

    awwww...c'mon: PLEASE let's send the government overseas <g>

    (oh wait - no one would take them...hmmm...)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005

    http://blinkynet.net/humor/nybbles.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 6, 2005
  12. Mukie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    |
    | > awwww...c'mon: PLEASE let's send the government overseas <g>
    |
    | http://blinkynet.net/humor/nybbles.html

    Pretty well describes the situation where I live ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005