    How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?

    Tim

    , Aug 1, 2006

  2. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    There used to be programs that would do this. It isn't something you would
    want to manually unless your insane. Try http://www.arcsoft.com They still
    make a program that does this.

    Hebee Jeebes, Aug 1, 2006

  3. tomm42 Guest

    wrote:
    > I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
    > create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
    > carnival cruise lines main page:
    >
    > http://www.carnival.com/
    >
    > How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
    >
    > Tim

    I'm trying to remember what these were called, a photographer developed
    some software for this type of print, sorting the pics etc. He patented
    the process with a very restrictive patent and never released the
    software. So from what I understand most of the images like this you
    see are his. Was really popular 15-20 years ago. Sorry about the little
    info.

    Tom

    tomm42, Aug 1, 2006
  4. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 1 Aug 2006 09:01:29 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
    >create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
    >carnival cruise lines main page:
    >
    >http://www.carnival.com/
    >
    >How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?

    See a free program for mosaics such as this at:
    http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Aug 1, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
    > create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
    > carnival cruise lines main page:
    >
    > http://www.carnival.com/
    >
    > How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
    >
    > Tim

    http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/

    T.

    Tony Gartshore, Aug 1, 2006
  6. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Computer's didn't have the power to do this 15 or 20 years ago. And, there
    have been several programs that does this. Arcsoft is currently the only one
    I still know is around.

    http://www.arcsoft.com/products/photomontage/

    They are called photo mosaics though some call them photo montages which I
    feel is a very poor name as they aren't really montages as they are not
    blended in to one another. But, any who.

    They were all the rage a few years ago, but you don't hear much about them
    now.

    Hebee Jeebes, Aug 2, 2006
  7. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Cool, will have to play with that. Looking at the screen shots I can say I
    am not thrilled with the interface. Arcsoft is better, but I think it is
    more limiting too. I think you have to use the images that comes with it and
    not your own. At least an early version was like that if I remember
    correctly.

    Hebee Jeebes, Aug 2, 2006