colin mcrae rally 2005 demo and 9800pro and dual screen

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyz, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Before I start my rant, does anyone else think that codemasters website is a
    POS?

    Anyway, Got this demo and the only way I can run it is to add SAFEMODE to
    the startup command line. Otherwise it just crashes to the desktop. Once
    ingame I can change as many options as I please with no trouble.
    In the gfx options it has the Radeon 9800 pro and 9800 pro secondary and I
    can switch between either of these and the game jumps from one monitor to
    the other just fine.

    In the help file it says to add MULTIDISPLAY2 for dual dsplay and if I do
    that then it just plays on one monitor and it is all squashed. It doesn't
    look right.

    So being as I can't get an answer out of codemasters I thought I might just
    ask here.

    Is the 9800 Pro not capable of dual 3d gaming?
    Is the CMR2005 demo buggy?
    Something I am just missing?
    cowboyz, Aug 29, 2004

  2. cowboyz wrote:
    > In the help file it says to add MULTIDISPLAY2 for dual dsplay and if I do
    > that then it just plays on one monitor and it is all squashed. It doesn't
    > look right.

    it all depends on how you set up the radeon to do multi-screen... from
    memory you have to set it up to be two seperate monitors(as in
    1024x768x2), not one screen res stretched(2048x768x1)... or vice versa.

    From memory it was a PITA to fix at work for my boss... ummm for photo
    shop, yeah thats right, not for games at all. :)

    > So being as I can't get an answer out of codemasters I thought I might just
    > ask here.
    >
    > Is the 9800 Pro not capable of dual 3d gaming?

    yes, see above.

    > Is the CMR2005 demo buggy?

    yes, like all of the other CMR games.

    > Something I am just missing?

    see above, hopefully it helps.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 29, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> In the help file it says to add MULTIDISPLAY2 for dual dsplay and if
    >> I do that then it just plays on one monitor and it is all squashed.
    >> It doesn't look right.

    > it all depends on how you set up the radeon to do multi-screen... from
    > memory you have to set it up to be two seperate monitors(as in
    > 1024x768x2), not one screen res stretched(2048x768x1)... or vice
    > versa.

    I have it set to 1024x768x32 x 2 (with a primary and secondary). I might
    just try going to 2024xx to see what happens.

    cowboyz, Aug 29, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> In the help file it says to add MULTIDISPLAY2 for dual dsplay and if
    >> I do that then it just plays on one monitor and it is all squashed.
    >> It doesn't look right.

    > it all depends on how you set up the radeon to do multi-screen... from
    > memory you have to set it up to be two seperate monitors(as in
    > 1024x768x2), not one screen res stretched(2048x768x1)... or vice
    > versa.
    >
    > From memory it was a PITA to fix at work for my boss... ummm for
    > photo shop, yeah thats right, not for games at all. :)
    >
    >> So being as I can't get an answer out of codemasters I thought I
    >> might just ask here.
    >>
    >> Is the 9800 Pro not capable of dual 3d gaming?

    > yes, see above.
    >
    >> Is the CMR2005 demo buggy?

    > yes, like all of the other CMR games.
    >
    >> Something I am just missing?

    > see above, hopefully it helps.

    Nope. no go. Nice game but I always seem to have trouble with codemasters
    demos. Now that I think back V8 supercars2 had trouble. or was that toca2
    .. buggered if I know., The final versions seem to work alright but I
    don't really want another rally game, I was just interested in seeing the
    dual screen thing running.
    cowboyz, Aug 29, 2004
  5. cowboyz wrote:
    > Now that I think back V8 supercars2 had trouble. or was that toca2
    > .. buggered if I know.

    same game, different name isn't it?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 29, 2004
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> Now that I think back V8 supercars2 had trouble. or was that toca2
    >> .. buggered if I know.

    > same game, different name isn't it?

    Its that DTM racing that is the same as V8 supercars isn't it?. To be
    honest, I don't really know. Pain in the arse working out the patches and
    talking on the forums when everyone is talking about a different game (that
    is actually the same).
    cowboyz, Aug 29, 2004
  7. cowboyz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > cowboyz wrote:
    > > Now that I think back V8 supercars2 had trouble. or was that toca2
    > > .. buggered if I know.

    > same game, different name isn't it?
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall

    Race Driver 2 in most parts of the world. Massive types of motor racing
    with plenty of tracks. Finding the code program to unlock everything makes
    it more worthwhile. Different codes for different batches of DVDs is a real
    laugh. Also good a reason to think twice before getting future Codemasters
    products since they try to cash in twice by selling the game owners the
    unlock codes as well - fortunately a code revealing password program can be
    found elsewhere (for V8Sc2/Race Driver 2 at least).

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 30, 2004