ColdFusion/PHP Background-want to start MCAD-70-305 first-How to p

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Shahryar, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Shahryar

    Shahryar Guest

    Hello, I want to start my MCAD by passing the 70-305 exam first. I have a
    strong ColdFusion and a little bit of a PHP background too. I have C and C++
    experience through school (1 yr of C, 1yr of C++), but no VB, ASP, or .NET.

    I went through microsoft.com/learning and saw they suggest the following
    courses for the 70-305 exam:

    Course 2310: Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual
    Studio .NET (5 days)
    Course 2389: Programming ADO.NET (3 days)
    Course 2640: Upgrading Web Development Skills from ASP to Microsoft ASP.NET

    Also, if you're not familiar with .NET, they recommend getting started with
    the fundamentals, which are (note - I've taken out the classes that overlap
    with the above):

    Course 2373: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
    Course 2559: Introduction to Visual Basic .NET Programming with Microsoft .NET
    Course 2717: Introduction to Microsoft .NET Development
    Course 2415: Programming with the Microsoft .NET Framework (Visual Basic
    ..NET)

    Course 2557: Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise
    Services
    Course 2524: Developing XML Web Services Using Microsoft ASP.NET

    I was thinking of going the e-learning route for these exams, but taking all
    these tests really adds up fast. I was wondering what everyone else
    recommends me to do. Do I really need to take all these classes? Or will my
    2yrs professional experience and my undergrad in infosys/minor in comp sci
    help me not need all these exams.

    Thanks in advance,
    Shahryar

    Shahryar, Feb 11, 2005