    Norac05 Guest

    Is there Any sign of this TV Show coming out on DVD ?

    Seeing as it's up to Season 3 & not even Season 1 out on DVD.

    Norac05, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Norac05

    Irulan Guest

    "Norac05" <> wrote in message
    news:Aiicf.12791$...
    > Is there Any sign of this TV Show coming out on DVD ?
    >
    > Seeing as it's up to Season 3 & not even Season 1 out on DVD.

    I suspect they have to pay through the nose for all those songs they use in
    the show. This is one series I would love to get on DVD.

    --

    Irulan
    from the stars we come

    Irulan, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Norac05

    jayembee Guest

    "Norac05" <> wrote:

    > Is there Any sign of this TV Show coming out on DVD ?
    >
    > Seeing as it's up to Season 3 & not even Season 1 out on DVD.

    It's not under consideration by Warner Bros. at this time because
    of music clearance issues. The show uses a lot of period music
    for setting, and it would cost a bundle to acquire the rights to all
    of it for DVD. (This is also undoubtedly what's keeping Warner
    from releasing CHINA BEACH on DVD.)

    I shudder to think what they'd have to pay for the rights to the
    Rocky Horror songs and clips they used in one of last season's
    episodes. (Equally, I'm curious as to what Universal is going to
    do about the "Man of La Mancha" episode of QUANTUM LEAP.)

    Quite frankly, for a show this new, the music rights problem is
    inexcusable. They should've had their eye toward DVD right
    from the beginning, and cleared the DVD rights along with the
    broadcast licenses. That would've allowed them to shop around
    for music they could afford.

    This doesn't happen with movies anymore (recent movies, that is),
    as they clear the DVD rights up front. Why it continues to happen
    with TV shows is beyond me. Especially when the production
    studio is obviously screwing itself by insisting on using licensed
    music that'll be an obstacle to a DVD release.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Norac05

    Norac05 Guest

    Thanks for the reply :

    Though, I thought that IF they made a show like this using LOTS of Music,
    they would have made sure they could release the Series on DVD.

    I Guess, we'll just have to keep recording it off TV !!!

    Norac05, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Norac05

    CityHickChick

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Cold Case on DVD

    Not sure if this helps anybody, but I just found a site where you can order the first 5 seasons, or just season 5 of Cold Case. Try oneclickshopper.com. Hope this helps.

    CityHickChick, Dec 20, 2008
  6. Norac05

    CityHickChick

    Joined: