    John <><

    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.

    John, Sep 13, 2005

  2. John

    Moz Champion Guest

    John <>< wrote:
    > I Cookie Culler, I have protected certain cookies which are needed for me to log
    > onto certain sites (banking etc).
    > Then, to clean out the cookie file, I jus hit "Remove all cookies".
    > This would delete any cookies which I had not protected.
    >
    > Now, however, I find that some of the cookies change from "protected" to
    > "unprotected" without my doing anything to cause that, AFAIK.
    >
    > Can anyone enlighten me what's happening, or what I am doing to cause this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John <><
    >
    > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    > with an other monkey's monkey.

    These entries on the cookie culler page may shed some light
    http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/ffaq.html

    I used the built-in Cookie Manager in Firefox/Mozilla and was able to
    delete my protected cookies. What's up?

    The built-in Cookie Manager has no support for the cookie
    protection system that I created for CookieCuller. I didn't add it to
    the built-in Cookie Manager because I wanted to create an Extension, not
    a total replacement.

    I protected a cookie but it disappeared. What happened?

    It's possible that the cookie expired. An expired cookie is deleted
    no matter what its protection status is. Cookies can also be deleted by
    their host. Please make sure neither of these situations is occuring
    before contacting me or submitting a bug.

    For questions or comments about cookieculler, please send a message to
    the cookieculler mailing list.

    Moz Champion, Sep 13, 2005