    mind that the price of the filters grows proportionally? Also, has
    anybody had experience using Z Pro with a Full Frame camera and 16 & 24
    focal distances?
    Erasmo Acosta, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Erasmo Acosta

    Dave Guest

    Have you cut down your P-filter holder to accommodate only one filter? I
    take a hacksaw and remove the outer sleeve, which gives you a better angle
    for those wide lenses. You only need one filter at a time for those kind of
    shots, anyway. Otherwise you could add a gradient or stitch together
    multiple exposures later in photoshop.

    Dave
    Dave, Jan 9, 2007

  3. Dave wrote:
    > Have you cut down your P-filter holder to accommodate only one filter? I
    > take a hacksaw and remove the outer sleeve, which gives you a better angle
    > for those wide lenses. You only need one filter at a time for those kind of
    > shots, anyway. Otherwise you could add a gradient or stitch together
    > multiple exposures later in photoshop.
    >
    > Dave

    I have the single filter holder, but that still gives me a vignetting.
    Besides I need more than one filter (Polarizer+ND Grad). I'm really
    willing to sell all my P equipment and move to Z-Pro, if I can be
    assured there is no vignetting. The local stores don't carry Z-Pro, so
    I can't give it a try. My lenses are Canon L series. If someone out
    there has had experience using Cokin Z-Pro equipment with these lenses
    (16-36 & 24-105) I'd like to hear your experiences.
    Erasmo Acosta, Jan 9, 2007
  4. Erasmo Acosta

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>,
    Erasmo Acosta <> wrote:

    > Dave wrote:
    > > Have you cut down your P-filter holder to accommodate only one filter? I
    > > take a hacksaw and remove the outer sleeve, which gives you a better angle
    > > for those wide lenses. You only need one filter at a time for those kind of
    > > shots, anyway. Otherwise you could add a gradient or stitch together
    > > multiple exposures later in photoshop.
    > >
    > > Dave

    > I have the single filter holder, but that still gives me a vignetting.
    > Besides I need more than one filter (Polarizer+ND Grad). I'm really
    > willing to sell all my P equipment and move to Z-Pro, if I can be
    > assured there is no vignetting. The local stores don't carry Z-Pro, so
    > I can't give it a try. My lenses are Canon L series. If someone out
    > there has had experience using Cokin Z-Pro equipment with these lenses
    > (16-36 & 24-105) I'd like to hear your experiences.

    Don't have the first, but Zs work fine with the 24-105.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 9, 2007
  5. Ken Lucke wrote:

    > Don't have the first, but Zs work fine with the 24-105.

    GREAT! Is that with all the 3 holders or did you remove some?
    Erasmo Acosta, Jan 10, 2007
  6. Erasmo Acosta

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>,
    Erasmo Acosta <> wrote:

    > Ken Lucke wrote:
    > >
    > > Don't have the first, but Zs work fine with the 24-105.
    > >

    > GREAT! Is that with all the 3 holders or did you remove some?

    Standard three filter holder.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 10, 2007
  7. Erasmo Acosta

    Dave Guest

    > Standard three filter holder.

    I have used my 20 mm 2.8 with a modified "P" Cokin holder without
    vignetting. However when I first got the holder, the first thing I did was
    to cut off the outer filter slot so that there was only one slot for a
    single filter. You might consider using a hacksaw to cut off the outer
    filter slots before you spring for a different system. It's easy, hard to
    mess up. I just bought the 16-35 last month and I would be interested in how
    it works for you with the outer slots cut off. I would try it myself but
    have lost the filters somewhere in Glacier Park.

    Dave
    Dave, Jan 13, 2007
  8. In article <Po7qh.621543$5R2.248170@pd7urf3no>,
    "Dave" <> wrote:

    > have lost the filters somewhere in Glacier Park.

    Nothing like destroying pristine wilderness with plastic
    refuse that won't decay for 100,000 years- I am sure the pictures
    offset the loss.

    --
    Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
    a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Jan 14, 2007
  9. Erasmo Acosta

    J. Clarke Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:30:21 -0500, Little Green Eyed Dragon wrote:

    > In article <Po7qh.621543$5R2.248170@pd7urf3no>,
    > "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >> have lost the filters somewhere in Glacier Park.

    > Nothing like destroying pristine wilderness with plastic
    > refuse that won't decay for 100,000 years- I am sure the pictures
    > offset the loss.

    It's people like you who give environmentalism a bad name.

    <plonk>

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Jan 14, 2007
  10. In article <>,
    "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:30:21 -0500, Little Green Eyed Dragon wrote:
    >
    > > In article <Po7qh.621543$5R2.248170@pd7urf3no>,
    > > "Dave" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> have lost the filters somewhere in Glacier Park.

    > > Nothing like destroying pristine wilderness with plastic
    > > refuse that won't decay for 100,000 years- I am sure the pictures
    > > offset the loss.

    > It's people like you who give environmentalism a bad name.
    >
    > <plonk>

    Its people without a sense of humor that cause automobile accidents.

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Jan 14, 2007
  11. Erasmo Acosta

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Little Green Eyed Dragon <>
    wrote:

    > In article <Po7qh.621543$5R2.248170@pd7urf3no>,
    > "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    > > have lost the filters somewhere in Glacier Park.

    > Nothing like destroying pristine wilderness with plastic
    > refuse that won't decay for 100,000 years- I am sure the pictures
    > offset the loss.

    And I'm sure he did it entirely on purpose, just to upset you and the
    environment.

    Putz.

    Sheeash, I've found more people to killfile in this NG than I ever did
    in the sewer of news.admin.net-abuse.*.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 14, 2007