    some advise as to which ones to buy as there are a fair few.If someone could
    also give the number of the filter as i have the Cokin book many thanks
    Stephen.

    Stephen Manaton, Aug 27, 2005

  2. Stephen Manaton wrote:
    > Hi i have the Nikon D70 and have bought the Cokin P series holder,I
    > have bought 3 circular UV filters for my lenses,and a Circular
    > Polarizer filter.Plus the adapter rings.I want to buy some Cokin
    > Graduated filters as i think this will be all the filters that i will
    > really need,and would like some advise as to which ones to buy as
    > there are a fair few.If someone could also give the number of the
    > filter as i have the Cokin book many thanks Stephen.

    I hate to say this, but I suggest you buy filters that YOU need. You
    might not have any need for what I might need. I would think your personal
    experience is going to help guide you better than our experiences. If in
    doubt start with one in the middle of the range you are considering.

    Frankly the only filters I bother with in digital work is the polarizer.
    I leave the rest at home with the film body.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Aug 27, 2005

  3. Stephen Manaton

    PcB Guest

    Whilst it does depend upon what yuo are shooting, for landscape you could
    probably start out with a set of graduated filters - neutral density, blue
    and grey. Other than that, if you want to get into B&W then get appropriate
    red, green & blue. And then there's infra-red.

    Don't have *any* of the numbers to hand but probably best to go for the
    middle of the range.

    HTH
    Paul

    --
    Paul ============}
    o o

    // Live fast, die old //
    PaulsPages are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

    PcB, Aug 27, 2005
  4. Stephen Manaton

    Don Guest

    Stephen

    I have a three different gradated ND filters I use a lot for landscape, a
    couple of coloured graduated (tobacco and blue) and 3 different ND when I
    need to lower shutter speed (usually waterfalls etc) or am shooting in
    Australia's pretty bright mid day sun.

    regards

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Aug 28, 2005