Cogent advice needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by farmhand, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. farmhand

    farmhand Guest

    Please-no smart remarks or reflections upon my cogency! I'm pretty much down
    on myself as it is.

    On ebay I bid and 'won' a barebone PC from EZBPC, which has now been
    suspended from ebay listings.

    Had myriad problems and finally requested and received an RMA and followed
    by sending the motherboard with CPU and fan back a month ago. EZBPC does
    not respond to my emails or answer the telephone calls although they still
    have their website up and are accepting orders. They also acknowledge
    receipt of emails through auto response.

    I realize I'm more that likely out of the money or the replacement of the
    defective MB and that is not an unusual event when doing business over the
    'net. They have had my money for about two months now and it's gone as far
    as the credit card company cares.

    Question: I can file in small claims court but that will cost me about as
    much as a new MB/CPU would cost and even if I won my case there is doubt I
    could collect - EZBPC in CA, I'm in AZ, and they would ignore the judgment
    or garnishment.

    I would like to hang their ass but better judgment says forget it.

    Have I answered my own question?

    farmhand, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Ripped off on ebay, see if any of this helps you. Cause ebay will not, now
    that the seller is NARU'D Ripped Off
    http://www.mindspring.com/~bookdealers/ripoff.html

    Cynthia

    Cynthia Nollner, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Could've been worst at least you didn't buy a car or a house off of ebay. I
    wondered why ebay's share price has better than doubled this year. Now i know
    why

    Baron Von Reeve, Jul 24, 2003