Coffee

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009

  2. Dudley Hanks

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 05:38:47 GMT, Dudley "Weegee" Hanks wrote:

    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    What's with the java jive? You're fresh out of coffee!

    But there is a tiny icon on the left, below "Random Image" that's
    labeled "Coffee". Too small and not enough detail to really see
    what it's of, but it somewhat resembles what you might see looking
    into an old kaleidoscope, with its (sort of) 4-way symmetry.

    Was the "Self Portait" taken shortly after making your getaway
    from the "Crime Scene"? :)

    ASAAR, Apr 27, 2009

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 05:38:47 GMT, Dudley "Weegee" Hanks wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    > What's with the java jive? You're fresh out of coffee!
    >
    > But there is a tiny icon on the left, below "Random Image" that's
    > labeled "Coffee". Too small and not enough detail to really see
    > what it's of, but it somewhat resembles what you might see looking
    > into an old kaleidoscope, with its (sort of) 4-way symmetry.
    >
    > Was the "Self Portait" taken shortly after making your getaway
    > from the "Crime Scene"? :)

    Sorry, Asaar, I think the image was too big, again.

    My gallery prog doesn't seem to be able to properly render thumbnails of
    larger images, and I haven't quite found the max limit yet. I'll reduce it
    and re-upload.

    Sorry for the delay.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009
  4. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message

    > "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 05:38:47 GMT, Dudley "Weegee" Hanks wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    >> What's with the java jive? You're fresh out of coffee!
    >>
    >> But there is a tiny icon on the left, below "Random Image" that's
    >> labeled "Coffee". Too small and not enough detail to really see
    >> what it's of, but it somewhat resembles what you might see looking
    >> into an old kaleidoscope, with its (sort of) 4-way symmetry.
    >>
    >> Was the "Self Portait" taken shortly after making your getaway
    >> from the "Crime Scene"? :)
    >>

    > Sorry, Asaar, I think the image was too big, again.
    >
    > My gallery prog doesn't seem to be able to properly render thumbnails of
    > larger images, and I haven't quite found the max limit yet. I'll reduce
    > it and re-upload.
    >
    > Sorry for the delay.
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    On second thought, the pic wasn't that big to begin with. It was taken with
    my 5meg Fuji.

    The pic should b a darker image, not quite silhouette I took of myself while
    at the foodcourt. I'll delete it and reupload at the same size. Maybe it
    just got corrupted during the transfer.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009
  5. Dudley Hanks

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:55:49 -0400, ASAAR wrote:

    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    > What's with the java jive? You're fresh out of coffee!

    Less than 30 seconds after posting this, the host of a late night
    stream-of-c. radio show started The Ink Spots hit, still playing :

    > I love coffee, I love tea
    > I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    > Coffee and tea and the java and me
    > A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup (Boy!)
    >
    > I love java, sweet and hot
    > Whoops Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
    > Shoot the pot and I'll pour me a shot
    > A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
    >
    > Oh slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
    > And I'll cut a rug just snug in a jug
    > A sliced up onion and a raw one
    > Draw one -
    > Waiter, waiter, percolator
    >
    > I love coffee, I love tea
    > I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    > Coffee and tea and the java and me
    > A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
    >
    > Boston bean (soy beans)
    > Green bean (cabbage and greens)
    > I'm not keen about a bean
    > Unless it is a chili chili bean (boy!)
    >
    > I love java sweet and hot
    > Whoops Mr. Moto I'm a coffee pot (yeah)
    > Shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
    > A cup, a cup, a cup (yeah)
    >
    > Slip me a slug of the wonderful mug
    > 'An I'll cut a rug just as snug in a jug
    > Drop a nickel in the pot Joe
    > Takin' it slow
    > Waiter, waiter, percolator
    >
    > I love coffee, I love tea
    > I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    > Coffee and tea and the java and me
    > A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, boy!

    Gotta go. I've got a pot and I'll soon pour a (viscous) shot of
    Sumatra Mandheling or maybe Celebes Kalossi.

    www.orensdailyroast.com

    ASAAR, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:55:49 -0400, ASAAR wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    >> What's with the java jive? You're fresh out of coffee!

    > Less than 30 seconds after posting this, the host of a late night
    > stream-of-c. radio show started The Ink Spots hit, still playing :
    >
    >> I love coffee, I love tea
    >> I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    >> Coffee and tea and the java and me
    >> A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup (Boy!)
    >>
    >> I love java, sweet and hot
    >> Whoops Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
    >> Shoot the pot and I'll pour me a shot
    >> A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
    >>
    >> Oh slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
    >> And I'll cut a rug just snug in a jug
    >> A sliced up onion and a raw one
    >> Draw one -
    >> Waiter, waiter, percolator
    >>
    >> I love coffee, I love tea
    >> I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    >> Coffee and tea and the java and me
    >> A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
    >>
    >> Boston bean (soy beans)
    >> Green bean (cabbage and greens)
    >> I'm not keen about a bean
    >> Unless it is a chili chili bean (boy!)
    >>
    >> I love java sweet and hot
    >> Whoops Mr. Moto I'm a coffee pot (yeah)
    >> Shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
    >> A cup, a cup, a cup (yeah)
    >>
    >> Slip me a slug of the wonderful mug
    >> 'An I'll cut a rug just as snug in a jug
    >> Drop a nickel in the pot Joe
    >> Takin' it slow
    >> Waiter, waiter, percolator
    >>
    >> I love coffee, I love tea
    >> I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    >> Coffee and tea and the java and me
    >> A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, boy!

    > Gotta go. I've got a pot and I'll soon pour a (viscous) shot of
    > Sumatra Mandheling or maybe Celebes Kalossi.
    >
    > www.orensdailyroast.com

    Yep, I have to admit to loving the dark brew, myself.

    I've re-uploaded it. I think it just got corrupted during transfer.
    Sometimes, my screen reader plays havoc with other apps, so it takes a
    couple of trys to get it right.

    Hopefully it works this time.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009
  7. Dudley Hanks

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:24:05 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:

    > I've re-uploaded it. I think it just got corrupted during transfer.
    > Sometimes, my screen reader plays havoc with other apps, so it takes a
    > couple of trys to get it right.
    >
    > Hopefully it works this time.

    Nope, it's still a no-show as is the new "Those were the days".

    ASAAR, Apr 27, 2009
  8. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:24:05 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >
    >> I've re-uploaded it. I think it just got corrupted during transfer.
    >> Sometimes, my screen reader plays havoc with other apps, so it takes a
    >> couple of trys to get it right.
    >>
    >> Hopefully it works this time.

    > Nope, it's still a no-show as is the new "Those were the days".

    Hmmm, my system is giving me a rough time tonight, so I think I'll just give
    up for the moment, and try again tomorrow.

    Thanks for checking it out for me, Asaar.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 27, 2009
  9. Dudley Hanks

    Bob Larter Guest

    Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery

    Hi Dudley, your site's running very slowly. The "coffee" photo didn't
    even come up.

    Bob Larter, Apr 27, 2009