codecs

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by MrToad, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. MrToad

    MrToad Guest

    "jim" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Hi
    > Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i
    > have installed on my h/d.
    > thnx
    > jim

    Use the windows built-in system utility, [found under system tools], look
    under "Components; Audio Codecs & Video Codecs.

    --
    MrToad

    jim, Nov 9, 2003

  3. MrToad

    Michael-NC Guest

    It's in system information, under components.

    Michael-NC, Nov 9, 2003
  4. MrToad

    WebWalker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:45:48 -0800, "jim" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i have
    >installed on my h/d.
    >thnx

    Goto Control Panel > Multimedia > Devices (tab)

    Check "Video Compression Codecs" from the list.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Nov 9, 2003
  5. MrToad

    jim Guest

    jim, Nov 9, 2003
  6. MrToad

    > Thank you Toady
    > I may be thick as two short planks but where do I find that info!...I
    > have XP pro.

    Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System
    Information.
    Under the "Components" section, sub catagory; "Multimedia".

    --
    MrToad
    ]

    MrToad, Nov 9, 2003
  7. MrToad

    jim Guest

    thnx all,
    i checked the list and the most upto date codec is my mpeg 4.
    however there is no mention of a specific avi filter. do i need one?

    jim, Nov 10, 2003