    Windows XP, Outlook Express 6, Internet explorer 7

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Sep 24, 2010

  2. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <i7i7ph$f4p$-september.org>,
    says...

    > I've had trouble getting Code Cracker for the last two days. I've tried
    > through the Herald, Stuff and Grownups, but although I get the page the game
    > itself doesn't show up.
    >
    > Is it me, or something in the website please?
    >
    > And how do I find if I have Java script enabled? I've found Sun Java Console
    > through Tools, but haven't a clue what to do with it.
    > I used to have it enabled, but could it have unenabled itself?
    > I've also found Java from the Control Panel, but don't know what to do to
    > find out if it is enabled or not.
    >
    > Windows XP, Outlook Express 6, Internet explorer 7
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Java <> Javascript, so stop looking at your Java settings. Javascript
    is enabled by default. So lets assume that's working too.

    At the bottom of the webpage it says it uses the Macromedia Flash
    Player. And there is a "Download Flash Player" link there too. Try
    installing (or reinstalling) it - and see how that goes.

    PS: why aren't you using IE8? - it's much faster than 7 for starters -
    as well as having more features, more stable and more secure. For any
    browser you use - *always* run the latest version.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Sep 24, 2010

  3. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    says...

    > In article <i7i7ph$f4p$-september.org>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > I've had trouble getting Code Cracker for the last two days. I've tried
    > > through the Herald, Stuff and Grownups, but although I get the page the game
    > > itself doesn't show up.
    > >
    > > Is it me, or something in the website please?
    > >
    > > And how do I find if I have Java script enabled? I've found Sun Java Console
    > > through Tools, but haven't a clue what to do with it.
    > > I used to have it enabled, but could it have unenabled itself?
    > > I've also found Java from the Control Panel, but don't know what to do to
    > > find out if it is enabled or not.
    > >
    > > Windows XP, Outlook Express 6, Internet explorer 7
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > > Geopelia

    > Java <> Javascript, so stop looking at your Java settings. Javascript
    > is enabled by default. So lets assume that's working too.
    >
    > At the bottom of the webpage it says it uses the Macromedia Flash
    > Player. And there is a "Download Flash Player" link there too. Try
    > installing (or reinstalling) it - and see how that goes.
    >
    > PS: why aren't you using IE8? - it's much faster than 7 for starters -
    > as well as having more features, more stable and more secure. For any
    > browser you use - *always* run the latest version.

    If you want to check Javascript, have a look at this page:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/howtoscript

    Check the instructions for "Windows Internet Explorer". But in short,
    if you have the default settings in place, Javascript will be all go.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Sep 24, 2010
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <i7i7ph$f4p$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I've had trouble getting Code Cracker for the last two days. I've tried
    >> through the Herald, Stuff and Grownups, but although I get the page the
    >> game
    >> itself doesn't show up.
    >>
    >> Is it me, or something in the website please?
    >>
    >> And how do I find if I have Java script enabled? I've found Sun Java
    >> Console
    >> through Tools, but haven't a clue what to do with it.
    >> I used to have it enabled, but could it have unenabled itself?
    >> I've also found Java from the Control Panel, but don't know what to do to
    >> find out if it is enabled or not.
    >>
    >> Windows XP, Outlook Express 6, Internet explorer 7
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia

    > Java <> Javascript, so stop looking at your Java settings. Javascript
    > is enabled by default. So lets assume that's working too.
    >
    > At the bottom of the webpage it says it uses the Macromedia Flash
    > Player. And there is a "Download Flash Player" link there too. Try
    > installing (or reinstalling) it - and see how that goes.

    I tried to install Adobe 10, but I'm not sure if it installed. I think I've
    got Flash Player.

    > PS: why aren't you using IE8? - it's much faster than 7 for starters -
    > as well as having more features, more stable and more secure. For any
    > browser you use - *always* run the latest version.

    I think I've got 7, but it could be 8. In the Help menu it says what's new
    in Internet Explorer 8. It doesn't seem to say anywhere which one I've got.
    Geopelia, Sep 24, 2010
  5. On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 02:39:15 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <i7i7ph$f4p$-september.org>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> I've had trouble getting Code Cracker for the last two days. I've tried
    >>> through the Herald, Stuff and Grownups, but although I get the page the
    >>> game
    >>> itself doesn't show up.
    >>>
    >>> Is it me, or something in the website please?
    >>>
    >>> And how do I find if I have Java script enabled? I've found Sun Java
    >>> Console
    >>> through Tools, but haven't a clue what to do with it.
    >>> I used to have it enabled, but could it have unenabled itself?
    >>> I've also found Java from the Control Panel, but don't know what to do to
    >>> find out if it is enabled or not.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP, Outlook Express 6, Internet explorer 7
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>> Geopelia

    >> Java <> Javascript, so stop looking at your Java settings. Javascript
    >> is enabled by default. So lets assume that's working too.
    >>
    >> At the bottom of the webpage it says it uses the Macromedia Flash
    >> Player. And there is a "Download Flash Player" link there too. Try
    >> installing (or reinstalling) it - and see how that goes.

    >I tried to install Adobe 10, but I'm not sure if it installed. I think I've
    >got Flash Player.
    >>
    >> PS: why aren't you using IE8? - it's much faster than 7 for starters -
    >> as well as having more features, more stable and more secure. For any
    >> browser you use - *always* run the latest version.
    >>

    >I think I've got 7, but it could be 8. In the Help menu it says what's new
    >in Internet Explorer 8. It doesn't seem to say anywhere which one I've got.

    Not in my case its shows Internet Explorer 8

    Go to About Internet Explorer
    William Brown, Sep 25, 2010
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "William Brown" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 02:39:15 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <i7i7ph$f4p$-september.org>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Java <> Javascript, so stop looking at your Java settings. Javascript
    >>> is enabled by default. So lets assume that's working too.
    >>>
    >>> At the bottom of the webpage it says it uses the Macromedia Flash
    >>> Player. And there is a "Download Flash Player" link there too. Try
    >>> installing (or reinstalling) it - and see how that goes.

    >>I tried to install Adobe 10, but I'm not sure if it installed. I think
    >>I've
    >>got Flash Player.
    >>>
    >>> PS: why aren't you using IE8? - it's much faster than 7 for starters -
    >>> as well as having more features, more stable and more secure. For any
    >>> browser you use - *always* run the latest version.
    >>>

    >>I think I've got 7, but it could be 8. In the Help menu it says what's new
    >>in Internet Explorer 8. It doesn't seem to say anywhere which one I've
    >>got.
    >>

    > Not in my case its shows Internet Explorer 8
    >

    > Go to About Internet Explorer

    I couldn't find that, so I Googled it, but can't find abything there.

    Code Cracker has suddenly come back! I think it must have been Lovatts' end,
    as I've got several sites for it and all had the same problem. It's nice to
    be able to play again.
    Geopelia, Oct 8, 2010