code 10 this device cannot start

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 13, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

    Malke Guest

    sulphire wrote:

    > what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

    Neither do we because you didn't tell us what device has the problem or
    when you get the error message.

    Go here to get help in making a good post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Then do come back and repost with all necessary details. There are lots
    of people reading this newsgroup who want to help you (like me), but
    you have to give us something with which to work.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Dec 13, 2004

  3. i feel like a complete idiot. forgive me, as ive been extremely busy and
    rushed lately(currently deployed in iraq) ok, my mini-pci card 1400 dual band
    dell true mobile network adapter is the device. the drivers are all ok(or so
    windows diagnostics say). it says it under device manager under that specific
    devices properties. thats all it says "this device cannot start (code 10)" my
    machine is a dell inspiron [xps]
    with two other network adapters, a 1394 and a broadcom 570x gigabit
    integrated controller. the latter stated adapters are working fine

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 14, 2004
  4. fyi, wireless adapter is also by broadcom

    location: pci bus 2 device 3, function 0

    driver: bcmwl5.sys version 3.20.23.0

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 14, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

    TW Guest

    Go to broadcom.com and download the latest drivers.
    I have seen this problem after applying SP2 and it turned out to be the
    driver.

    TW, Dec 14, 2004
  6. broadcom.com states that they only provide drivers support for 57xx and bcm
    4401

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 15, 2004
  7. a diagnostic program from broadcom also states that the driver is not loaded.

    driver name/version: bcmwl5.sys / v0.0 (06/13/2003)

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=, Dec 15, 2004