Coax Digital to Analog 5.1 Audio Converter/Decoder

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am looking for a SIMPLE, CHEAP/ECONOMICAL Coax Digital audio to Analog 5.1
    audio decoder/conveter.

    My previous DVD unit had this built in and works great with the present amp.

    I do NOT need a full blown receiver amp, audio/video switching unit. I just want
    to go from the DVD recorders coax output to analog 5.1 to feed into my amps
    present analog 5.1 input. A simple little black box that gets put in behind the
    present amp and forgotten about.

    ----
    Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
    http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info
    , Dec 4, 2005

  2. Biz Guest

    Its called a DD decoder. About the most affordable new unit made today is
    is the Creative DDDTS-100...for about $100. If thats too much look on ebay
    for a Technic SH-AC300,or SH-AC500, but they'll probably run you $100 or so
    used as well...

    <> wrote in message

    > I am looking for a SIMPLE, CHEAP/ECONOMICAL Coax Digital audio to Analog

    5.1
    > audio decoder/conveter.
    >
    > My previous DVD unit had this built in and works great with the present

    amp.

    > I do NOT need a full blown receiver amp, audio/video switching unit. I

    just want
    > to go from the DVD recorders coax output to analog 5.1 to feed into my

    amps
    > present analog 5.1 input. A simple little black box that gets put in

    behind the
    > present amp and forgotten about.
    >

    > ----
    > Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
    > http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----
    Biz, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:46:36 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    > About the most affordable new unit made today is
    >is the Creative DDDTS-100...for about $100.

    This doesn't appear to connect to line level inputs but to digital speakers. Or
    it takes some special cable to go from their jack to 5.1 inputs. The manual on
    Creatives sight doesn't seem to offer any insight

    > If thats too much look on ebay
    >for a Technic SH-AC300,or SH-AC500, but they'll probably run you $100 or so
    >used as well...

    These look like better choices, as the 500 offers 2 coax and an analog in and I
    could solve a potential issue right there.

    ----
    Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
    http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info
    , Dec 5, 2005
  4. jimpooler

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    I give you one model for your reference,HD Audio Rush 5.1 Gear Sound Decoder for DM500s DM800 xbox360 ( lunashops.com)I bought it from ebay, it works good.
    jimpooler, Nov 10, 2009