CNTLM on Ubuntu to i.net via ISA Server 2006

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Dec 7, 2010.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Hi, I'm trying to poke some Linux boxes through ISA Server 2006.

    Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows Server 2008 R2 w' ISA Server 2006.

    The network has been running (and still is) with ntlmaps - but it has
    caused problems from day one - it's just incredibly slow. Cntlm is a
    good 15x faster - and this is the ticket! If only I could get it to
    work...

    Wondering if anyone else has done this and maybe be able to provide some
    advice.

    Is it best to create a new user for the ubuntu boxes just for cntlm?
    This is what I'd like to do. Otherwise, ISA will, on occasion (as
    happens also with ntlmaps) lock the user account out (too many attempts
    sorta thing).

    Should I setup a local proxy server on the ubuntu PC's so all traffic
    can go via that (which cntlm can point to) - or should I just go with
    cntlm on its own?

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Dec 7, 2010