    Could some of you with 64 bit Vista go to CNN and click on one of the
    stories with the little video icon and see if the page loads right for you.
    I have been on the IE forum but had no luck there.
    David B. Mathews, May 6, 2009

  2. David B. Mathews

    Lola MacLean Guest

    > Could some of you with 64 bit Vista go to CNN and click on one of the
    > stories with the little video icon and see if the page loads right for
    > you. I have been on the IE forum but had no luck there.

    I just went to their Home Page and clicked on the Climate Change video and
    it loaded and played OK. (Using Vista 64 SP1 with IE7 browser.)
    L. MacLean
    Lola MacLean, May 6, 2009

  3. David B. Mathews

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, David.

    I don't know about the "all of a sudden..." aspect. But Adobe has been
    notoriously late in developing its Flash Player for 64-bit platforms, even
    though their website claims, "Adobe is working on Flash Player support for
    64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform
    compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for
    64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash
    Player 10.' http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

    I can see videos on CNN.com (and other sites using Flash) if I run the
    32-bit Internet Explorer in 64-bit Vista or Win7. That same Adobe web page
    also says, "Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit
    browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a
    64-bit operating system."

    As you probably know, Vista x64 includes TWO versions of Internet Explorer.
    The 32-bit version is in the "Program Files x86)" folder and is the version
    that runs by default. To run the 64-bit version, we must navigate to the
    "Program Files" (without the x86) folder and click on the iexplore.exe
    file - or create a shortcut to that file. I'm running Win7, but the
    behavior is the same in Vista.

    But I don't see a "yellow ! in the lower left" in any case.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, May 7, 2009
  4. David B. Mathews

    Drew Guest

    Also, I've found that clicking a link in Outlook Express will open the
    64-bit version of IE by default on XP x64. I don't know about Vista or Win7
    though.

    Drew

    Drew, May 7, 2009
  5. David B. Mathews

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, David.

    > I am running the 32bit ver. of IE

    Yes, as it says on the link I posted, Adobe Flash Player should run fine in
    32-bit IE, even in 64-bit Vista, WinXP or Win7:
    >> However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit
    >> operating system."

    RC

    R. C. White, May 8, 2009