    by them, Nikon, Canon, etc go bad in high humidity and go black. The
    show said they won't do a massive recall but will fix those at no charge
    that show the symptoms. Does anyone here know what cameras are affected ???

    Joey, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Joey <> writes:

    > Just saw on CNN that Sony admitted that many of it's image sensors
    > used by them, Nikon, Canon, etc go bad in high humidity and go black.
    > The show said they won't do a massive recall but will fix those at no
    > charge that show the symptoms. Does anyone here know what cameras are
    > affected ???

    Here's a list, possibly incomplete:

    Canon: PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A300,
    PowerShot A310, Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS IIs

    Fujifilm: FinePix S2 Pro, FinePix A303, FinePix F410, FinePix F700

    Konica Minolta: DiMAGE 7i, DiMAGE 7Hi, DiMAGE A1, DiMAGE Xi, DiMAGE Xt,
    DiMAGE X20, DiMAGE S414, DiMAGE F300

    Nikon: D2H, D70, N55, COOLPIX 3100, 5700, SQ

    Olympus: C-5050, C-730

    Sony: DSC-F717, DSC-P10, DSC-P12, DSC-P2, DSC-P31, DSC-P32, DSC-P51,
    DSC-P52, DSC-P7, DSC-P71, DSC-P72, DSC-P8, DSC-P92, DSC-U10, DSC-U20,
    DSC-U30, DSC-U60, DSC-V1, MVC-CD400, MVC-CD500, MVC-FD200

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Joey

    Guest

    Joey wrote:
    > Just saw on CNN that Sony admitted that many of it's image sensors used
    > by them, Nikon, Canon, etc go bad in high humidity and go black. The
    > show said they won't do a massive recall but will fix those at no charge
    > that show the symptoms. Does anyone here know what cameras are affected ???

    A month ago, my Sony F-717 suddenly started to produce poor color with
    small white lines across the entire image.

    Turns out it is the CCD that at first they wanted to charge me $425 but
    just at that time SONY must have sent the bulletin to all their
    authorized repair shops so they are fxing it for free.

    , Oct 29, 2005