CNET Web page won't display images-why? please help...SEE INSIDE..tia

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. wrote:

    > This is one site I can't get to load right using the new Firefox 1.0
    > release. Any suggestions how to fix?
    > Images won't display, mainly.
    > Thanks

    I tried the page as well and also couldn't display the images. This is
    the first web page that I have had this problem with. I then tried to
    view it wth Inernet Explorer Ver6. It started to load a heap of Giffs
    but then stalled with an error meesage which was unreadable as it tried
    to show it in one of the small picture frames.

    It must be the site and not Firefox.
    graeme@invalid, Nov 13, 2004

  2. graeme@invalid

    Guest

    http://www.cnet.com/
    This is one site I can't get to load right using the new Firefox 1.0
    release. Any suggestions how to fix?
    Images won't display, mainly.
    Thanks
    , Nov 13, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    EC Guest

    No problem for me !!

    EC, Nov 13, 2004
  4. graeme@invalid

    Hawkeye Guest

    >No problem for me !!

    No problem here, either. Check your "Load Images" option.
    Hawkeye, Nov 13, 2004
  5. graeme@invalid

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:52:49 +0100, EC <> wrote:
    I get a message saying " connection refused" when trying to load
    images.
    >No problem for me !!
    >
    > wrote:
    >> http://www.cnet.com/
    >> This is one site I can't get to load right using the new Firefox 1.0
    >> release. Any suggestions how to fix?
    >> Images won't display, mainly.
    >> Thanks

    , Nov 13, 2004
  6. graeme@invalid

    Hawkeye Guest

    >I get a message saying " connection refused" when trying to load
    >images.

    On a hunch I checked the "for the originating web site only" box under
    "Load images". Sure enough, no graphics on CNet.

    Check the "Load images" box, UNcheck the "for the originating web site
    only" box, and all should work as it should.
    Hawkeye, Nov 14, 2004