    people tend to occasionally leave on for days on end.

    Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave L, Apr 11, 2005

  2. In article <iRy6e.2145$>,
    Dave L <> wrote:

    > I'm wondering if there's typically any image degradation from a CMOS
    > image sensor over time? We have a very expensive high speed camera that
    > people tend to occasionally leave on for days on end.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    The electricity part is OK. Continuous bright light or high
    temperatures could age it more quickly. The operation manual probably
    describes proper operating and storage conditions.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 13, 2005

  3. Dave L

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > In article <iRy6e.2145$>,
    > Dave L <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm wondering if there's typically any image degradation from a CMOS
    >>image sensor over time? We have a very expensive high speed camera that
    >>people tend to occasionally leave on for days on end.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Dave

    > The electricity part is OK. Continuous bright light or high
    > temperatures could age it more quickly. The operation manual probably
    > describes proper operating and storage conditions.

    Indeed, temperature is a killer. Treat your digicam the same way you do
    a film camera with color film- don't leave it inside car on hot sunny
    days for lengthy periods, especially in trunk.
    Don Stauffer, Apr 18, 2005