    that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to me
    that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across two
    of the pins.
    Bob H, Jan 6, 2008

  2. Bob H

    Cub Guest

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Looking on my Motherboard for the CMOS Clear jumper and have found
    > something
    > that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to
    > me
    > that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across
    > two
    > of the pins.

    And the MOBO model is ????
    Cub, Jan 6, 2008

  3. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in message news:flrnq4$6si$...

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > Looking on my Motherboard for the CMOS Clear jumper and have found
    > something
    > that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to
    > me
    > that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across
    > two
    > of the pins.

    And the MOBO model is ????

    That's a good question also. It's an E-Machines Model T2742 and have no data
    to tell what MOBO is in it. I do know it has an Intel 845GV chipset.
    Bob H, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Bob H

    philo Guest

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > Looking on my Motherboard for the CMOS Clear jumper and have found
    > something
    > that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to
    > me
    > that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across
    > two
    > of the pins.

    If it's near the battery...then that's probably the right one.
    with the power off...move the jumper over for a few seconds...then move it
    back...
    it should re-set your cmos.

    (BTW: as long as the power is off...even if it's the wrong jumper...(and you
    return it to it's original position...
    it will not do any harm)
    philo, Jan 6, 2008
  5. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > Looking on my Motherboard for the CMOS Clear jumper and have found
    > something
    > that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to
    > me
    > that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across
    > two
    > of the pins.

    If it's near the battery...then that's probably the right one.
    with the power off...move the jumper over for a few seconds...then move it
    back...
    it should re-set your cmos.

    (BTW: as long as the power is off...even if it's the wrong jumper...(and you
    return it to it's original position...
    it will not do any harm)

    If I do that is there any further action on my part or will it bootup
    automatically with BIOS defaults?
    Bob H, Jan 7, 2008
  6. Bob H

    Jim McCARDLE Guest

    It sounds like the "clear cmos" jumpers BUT why dont you search on the
    web for the info on the mainboard just to be sure.
    Most Boards will have a label saying the make and model number.
    Then go to their web site and look up the manual for that board. They
    are usually a PDF file and all you do is scan through and you will see
    what the jumpers are.
    A few years back there used to be a jumper that let you re-flash the
    BIOS eprom. there was virus that used to scramble the bios chip. It
    was really bad news on laptops as the bios chips were not in sockets
    like a lot of the older motherboards but were, and still are, soldered
    direct to the circuit board.
    Hope this helps you.
    J McCARDLE

    Jim McCARDLE, Jan 7, 2008
  7. Bob H

    philo Guest

    > If it's near the battery...then that's probably the right one.
    > with the power off...move the jumper over for a few seconds...then move it
    > back...
    > it should re-set your cmos.
    >
    > (BTW: as long as the power is off...even if it's the wrong jumper...(and
    > you
    > return it to it's original position...
    > it will not do any harm)
    >
    > If I do that is there any further action on my part or will it bootup
    > automatically with BIOS defaults?

    Yes...just move the jumper over...then move it back
    and the bios will be set to factory defaults...
    you will have to reset your date , of course
    philo, Jan 7, 2008
  8. Bob H

    Jim McCARDLE Guest

    I noticed that you mentioned the computer type. I did a quick google
    search and got these results. If you were to contact gateway they may
    be able to forward to you the jumper settings.
    J McC.
    Here are some of the google results,

    "Did you mean: EMachines Model T2742

    eMachines T2742Product review of the eMachines T2742 budget desktop
    personal computer system by ... to support the budget computer segment
    with their latest T2742 model. ...
    compreviews.about.com/cs/desktops/gr/aaprEMachT2742.htm - 23k - Cached
    - Similar pages

    Gateway Announces Spring Line-Up of eMachines Desktop PCsHighlights
    from the latest eMachines desktop PCs include: * DVD/CDRW combo drive
    available for the first time in the $399 entry-level model (T2742)
    after ...
    www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-13-2004/0002150794&EDATE=
    - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

    EMachines Class Action « Geek SpeakI saw your post after I did a
    little research on these Emachines. I am currently working on one
    Model T2742. The customer said it would not turn on one day, ...
    www.geek.com/forums/topic.php?id=33947&page - 53k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    E-Machines T2742 Desktop UpgradesFind the right upgrade for your
    computer or digital device. Home > Upgrades > E-Machines > T2742.
    Please select your model, T2742 T2742 Intel Celeron 2.7 ...
    www.simpletech.com/upgrades/emachines/t2742/ - 10k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Parts for Your E-Machines T2742 at TigerDirect PartsearchE-Machines
    model T2742. View all closely related models ... EMACHINES 2USB/2AUD
    FRONT I/O (2, EMACHINES 2USB/2AUD FRONT I/O (2 CONN.) ...
    tigerdirect.partsearch.com/Model/Gateway/E-Machines/T2742.aspx - 28k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Parts for Your E-Machines T2742 at TigerDirect PartsearchE-Machines
    model T2742 ... EMACHINES 2USB/2AUD FRONT I/O (, EMACHINES 2USB/2AUD
    FRONT I/O (2 CONN.) ... Refurbished, E-Machines, EMA-250WATXPS, $83.50
    tigerdirect.partsearch.com/GetModel.aspx?MfgName=Gateway&BrandName=E-Machines&ModelNumber=T2742...
    - 28k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from tigerdirect.partsearch.com ]

    eMachines eMachines Memory - eMachines T2742 Computer Memory
    UpgradeModel Comments, 400MHz FSB, Intel 845GV Chipset. We have Memory
    Upgrade for eMachines eMachines T2742, the eMachines eMachines T2742
    takes the PC2100 DDR ...
    www.memorystock.com/memory/eMachineseMachinesT2742.html - 55k - Cached
    - Similar pages

    Need Help With Emachine - TechSpot Troubleshooting... be able to help
    me with a problem I have with a emachine model #T2742. .... it detects
    the eMachines EPROM to verify it is the correct eMachines model. ...
    www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-62238-Need-Help-With-Emachine.html -
    33k - Cached - Similar pages

    Troubleshooting E-Machines T2742 PC Desktop, Support & ServiceSearch
    inside E-Machines T2742 PC Desktop Knowledgebase. Post a new problem
    .... onboard Standard VGA Graghics Adapter .... for my Acer Aspire TS .
    model #. ...
    www.fixya.com/support/p220750-e_machines_t2742_pc_desktop/solutions/page-2
    - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

    eMachines debuts peppy spring lineup | CNET News.comOn the desktop
    side, eMachines' low end will now be anchored by the T2742, a $399
    model with a Celeron 2.7HGz processor, 256MB of memory, 40GB hard
    drive ...
    www.news.com/eMachines-debuts-peppy-spring-lineup/2100-1001_3-5184359.html
    - 46k - Cached - Similar pages

    Jim McCARDLE, Jan 7, 2008
  9. Bob H

    Plato Guest

    Bob H wrote:

    > Looking on my Motherboard for the CMOS Clear jumper and have found something
    > that looks like it and it is labeled BIOS Config. Could someone confirm to me
    > that this is the correct place. It has 3 pins and a movable jumper across two
    > of the pins.

    Or, one can use a cmos/bios clearin util and not take any electronical
    chaneces

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 7, 2008