    CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR,LOADING DEFAULT SETTINGS.
    What could be causing this?any ideas,the motherboard is a GIGABYTE 8KNXP.

    PEL

    pel, Sep 24, 2003

  2. pel

    goonads Guest

    its nackered

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    "pel" <jackthe > wrote in message
    news:bksllf$6t0$...
    > Just recently when i start my computer,it stops on a bootup screen ans

    says

    goonads, Sep 24, 2003

  3. pel

    Kenny Guest

    Change the battery, look here:

    http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/booterrGBER08-c.html
    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Sep 24, 2003
  4. pel

    °Mike° Guest

    Enter the BIOS and set the correct settings. Exit and save
    the settings. You should also check the state of your
    battery, while you are at it. Also, never disconnect the
    power without shutting down first.

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:52:48 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bksllf$6t0$>
    "pel" <jackthe > scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 24, 2003
  5. pel

    sqr Guest

    Change the cmos battery....

    --
    sqr
    Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

    sqr, Sep 24, 2003
  6. pel

    pel Guest

    Many thanks,ive changed battery and everything is ok.

    pel

    pel, Sep 26, 2003