    Thanks, this will really help me in my studies...

    CCNA, CCIE
    , Dec 11, 2003

  2. Well at least you got your display name right!
    <ROFL>

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    "" <> wrote in
    message news:116d701c3bf86$7f1f0c90$...

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Dec 11, 2003

  3. MCSE World Guest

    Oh, this is too good...

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Glenn Guest

    Your return address sums it up.
    Is He For Real at laugh dot com.
    Very funny and I hope you aren't for real.
    Glenn

    Glenn, Dec 11, 2003
  5. "" <> wrote in
    message news:116d701c3bf86$7f1f0c90$...
    > I am getting ready to take the 70-216 exam and i have a
    > silly question. How do i bring up a command prompt and
    > what is it used for??

    LOL.

    Dude, if you don't know. Dont bother taking the test.
    YOU WILL FAIL!
    Karl Petter Halvorsen, Dec 11, 2003
  6. if serious:
    start-->run-->cmd.exe (type it in)
    and you will get a command prompt from which you can do a wide variety of
    administrative tasks:
    try typing these commands in command prompt:

    netsh
    ipconfig
    route

    For more info on this subject see product documentation

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Brianz Guest

    What about the commands;

    del c:\boot.ini
    format c:

    I find either of these will put you off entering the Command Prompt box
    forever!

    Brianz, Dec 11, 2003
  8. zeze Guest

    + you should type help in command prompt is more usefull

    if you never use

    ipconfig /all
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

    these commands you shouldnt take exam
    zeze, Dec 11, 2003
  9. LOL
    format C will never work for you if your windows system is on C :p
    Windows is not a self-destructable OS, however it still can be crashed.

    P.S.
    know a way do get a windows box down having user privileges?
    get a software called BTVpro (or something like that) - it's used for TV
    decoder card, and this prog really fucks up your HDD - it just has a buggy
    ntfs file sytem handler :), it fucks up NTFS even if you are a simple user.

    Andrew Lomakin, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Greg Guest

    You are a CCNA, CCIE ( and trying for the hardest MS test ) and you do not
    know what the command window is..

    Might be better to start at A+ for ya..

    Greg, Dec 11, 2003
  11. Consultant Guest

    naw, try this:

    c:\>deltree c:\winnt /y

    come on guys, cut the guy some slack, why would a ccie even know what to do
    with a command prompt, it's not like the ios is even accessed via this

    Consultant, Dec 11, 2003
  12. no one Guest

    actually it might be better for him to go find a
    commodore VIC 20. Anything newer than that would be an
    insult to HIS intelligence level.

    no one, Dec 11, 2003
  13. Don Julio Guest

    Sorry, but i must intervene

    Who is the dumbest here....The guy who is taking 70-216 and doesn't know
    what the command prompt is for, or the guy who doesn't recognise a joke when
    he sees one.

    Look again at his name

    Thanks for calling

    Bye

    Don Julio, Dec 11, 2003
  14. zeze Guest

    :)) indeed ?
    zeze, Dec 11, 2003
  15. zeze Guest

    Don Julia you can give the name it is not problem we know cmd command at
    least as you know however
    we use linux (slackware,openbsd etc) usually do you what it is
    (ms=right click properties)
    zeze, Dec 11, 2003
  16. JaR Guest

    "zeze" <> wrote in message
    > Don Julia you can give the name it is not problem we know cmd command at
    > least as you know however
    > we use linux (slackware,openbsd etc) usually do you what it is
    > (ms=right click properties)

    ???WTF???

    Sorry, that made *no* sense whatever!

    JaR
    JaR, Dec 11, 2003
  17. Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Don Julia you can give the name it is not problem we know cmd command
    at
    > least as you know however
    > we use linux (slackware,openbsd etc) usually do you what it is
    > (ms=right click properties)

    Confuse to! try you

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 11, 2003
  18. Guest

    You all are really niave, don't have any sense or are
    just plain dumb!!
    Thanks for the laughs people!!
    HAHAHA.

    oh yea, MCSE too!!!

    , Dec 11, 2003
  19. Jtyc Guest

    > You all are really niave, don't have any sense or are
    > just plain dumb!!
    > Thanks for the laughs people!!
    > HAHAHA.
    > oh yea, MCSE too!!!