CMD Prompt Powertoy using the registry

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 19, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 19, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Kue2 Guest

    yep found it useful.....thks

    Kue2, Oct 19, 2007

  3. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/06/UtilitySpotlight/default.aspx.

    Gives you cmd prompt, or powershell prompt. With or without elevation. At
    the current location, of course. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2007
  4. And I guess that's the one I posted back in June, right?
    This "angina pectoris" seems to have erased part of my memory.
    Anyway, it doesn't matter who did it first but who remebers it last.
    :)

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 19, 2007
  5. I'd take credit for remembering it, but actually I had to google it this
    time. ;) Mostly because I was trying to get a powershell prompt to work
    based on how the command prompt did, and failing. So went looking. I don't
    use cmd for anything at all any more, except for when I need to do a net use
    command (they're a pain from within PS). And then I do it by running cmd /c
    from the PowerShell prompt. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2007
  6. Charlie:
    BTW, will this Virtual Machine (XP x64 compatible) work for you?
    http://www.virtualbox.org/
    It has USB support and is freeware!
    I can recall you needing a VM a couple of days ago.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 20, 2007
  7. Interesting, Carlos. But no, won't work for me yet. 64bit hosts, but not
    guests.

    At this point, I'm using WSx (Viridian) in test mode, and VS in production.
    And connecting USB across RDP to get what I need. I've got a license for
    VMWare, but just not loving it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64