Clustered Domain Controllers

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by jackal_esa, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. jackal_esa

    jackal_esa Guest

    hi there,
    i want to ask you about some thing in windows 2000 server.
    i am going to build a domain and i will have two domain
    controllers,my question is i want to make one of the two
    DCs is backup for the other.which mean that it will not be
    a matter of just authentication only.
    i know that the second domain controller can be used to
    authenticate users with the first domain controller bu6t i
    want the second DC replace the first DC in case that the
    first failed for any reason, so can i do anything to make
    the two server typical run the same software(i.e if i
    install any thing on the first i want it to be replicated
    to the other one so if the first failed, the second can
    perform every thing the first was doing.can i do this with
    out any cluster software or i have to use cluster software?
    i mean that all i can do with out the cluster software is
    that both DCs can authenticate the users in the domain and
    i need cluster software to make one of them is backup from
    the other when it fails it work instead of it?
    thank you for your time and your help.
    M_ESA
    jackal_esa, Aug 12, 2004

  2. jackal_esa

    Guest Guest

    sop multi posting you stupid git

    Guest, Aug 12, 2004

  3. jackal_esa

    JSad Guest

    By default in a W2K Active Directory domain they
    replicate AD info between themselves. If one fails the
    other has a full copy of AD and is read to take over. In
    the event of a failure you may need to transfer some
    roles, but all in all you need to do nothing.

    JSad, Aug 23, 2004