    TIA

    Tom
    , May 22, 2004

  2. Peter Guest

    Go into the virtual server part of the router config and point it off to a
    non existant address.

    otherwise just delete it from this page.

    If you are operating he router in a half bridge, then you need to install a
    firewall such as sone alarm on your PC.

    Peter.

    Peter, May 22, 2004

  3. XPD Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > Help please!
    >
    > Installed a DSE XH7916 router, how the heck do I configure it
    > to close port 80? Running win98 & NS4.8
    > The minuscule manual has just about fried my eyes & brain! :-(
    >\

    IIRC the DSE routers have a built in web and ftp server...... its not in the
    NAT/ports section but is a seperate option with On/Off.
    Ill ask my mate who has one and se eif he can remember where
    XPD, May 22, 2004
  4. On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:21:17 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Help please!
    >>
    >> Installed a DSE XH7916 router, how the heck do I configure it to close
    >> port 80? Running win98 & NS4.8 The minuscule manual has just about fried
    >> my eyes & brain! :-(
    >>\

    > IIRC the DSE routers have a built in web and ftp server...... its not in
    > the NAT/ports section but is a seperate option with On/Off. Ill ask my
    > mate who has one and se eif he can remember where

    I dont' have the DSE router, but my router is as nasty as this.

    Basically is security settings are raised above "none" then NAT port
    forwarding don't work anymore and with them at "none" the DSL router's
    internal services are available on the external ports.

    (Yes I can probably tweak this with lots of ruleses, but these things are
    cheap and nasty, witha gui-only setup system)

    My easy fix was to scan the router from top to bottom and NAT redirect all
    open external ports to an unused IP within the internal network.

    As it turned out that was just a matter of telnet+ftp+web. I added H.323
    and ssh redirects to the main internal linux box with a second set on the
    router (I have a /29) pointing to my wife's linux laptop.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, May 22, 2004