    get even closer, what can i get for the G5 to do such a thing and where from.
    Help appreciated,thankyou.

    Joe

    joe, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Charles Schuler, Nov 17, 2004

  3. joe

    Charles Guest

    From : http://www.dpreview.com/news/0306/03060201canong5.asp

    quoted:

    True macro photography is available with a 58mm close up lens and
    professional Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX or Macro Twin MT-24EX flash units

    other 58mm close-up attachments could probably be used with the Canon
    adapter.

    \
    --

    - Charles
    -

    Charles, Nov 18, 2004
  4. joe wrote:

    > I have a G5 and use the macro setting quite often.But the thing is I'd like to
    > get even closer, what can i get for the G5 to do such a thing and where from.
    > Help appreciated,thankyou.
    >
    > Joe

    You can buy something called a diopter which screws onto the front of the lens
    and simply acts as a magnifier.

    I've used them with my Kodak DX6490 to get bigger close-up pictures of jewellery.

    --
    Ben Thomas
    given nor endorsed by it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Nov 19, 2004