Closed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Mar 14, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 14, 2008

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:%CzCj.3923$...

    How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    cannot? My messages never appear?

    Guest, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Guest

    Brian Cryer Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >>

    > How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    > cannot? My messages never appear?

    Some ideas:

    1. With some newsgroups it takes longer for the messages to appear than it
    does for others.

    2. I know that outlook express (which I use as my newsgroup reader) will
    miss my own post appearing if I refresh the newsgroup display too quickly.
    So I tend to give it a few minutes before I check whether its appeared.
    Whilst this is a bug in OE there may be similar quirks with other newsgroup
    readers.

    Are you sure your messages never appear? or just that they are never visible
    to you?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Mar 14, 2008
  4. Guest

    SJP Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >>

    > How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    > cannot? My messages never appear?

    What other newsgroups then?

    SJP, Mar 14, 2008
  5. Guest

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-03-14, <> <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >>

    > How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    > cannot? My messages never appear?

    Google Groups has two that you posted today, in uk.media.tv.hollyoaks and
    uk.transport.london, and one on the 10th March in uk.transport.london.
    Are those the posts you can't see?

    Or do you mean that you can't see the posts you make which contain no
    'body'? The Hollyoaks one I mentioned is like that, and so is the post of
    your own in this thread that you responded to yourself; servers might
    deliberately drop 'empty' articles.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 14, 2008
  6. On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:39:29 +0000, craig.richmond wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >>

    > How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    > cannot? My messages never appear?

    I have banned you from other news groups for improper poasting. Pleace
    check yuor email for instructions on how to lift this ban and report back
    here.

    Suenet Adnimistrator, Mar 14, 2008
  7. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:39:29 GMT, <> wrote:

    >How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    >cannot? My messages never appear?

    Please be a tad more vague.

    Evan Platt, Mar 14, 2008
  8. Guest

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Brian Cryer added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...

    >> How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but
    >> others I cannot? My messages never appear?

    > Some ideas:
    >
    > 1. With some newsgroups it takes longer for the messages to
    > appear than it does for others.
    >
    > 2. I know that outlook express (which I use as my newsgroup
    > reader) will miss my own post appearing if I refresh the
    > newsgroup display too quickly. So I tend to give it a few
    > minutes before I check whether its appeared. Whilst this is a
    > bug in OE there may be similar quirks with other newsgroup
    > readers.

    OE supposedly has a more general bug where some posts whether text-
    only or with a binary attachment simply never show up for the OP
    but everyone else can see them. Usually, the OP can see their own
    post if they use another news reader.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    "And, that's all I'm going to say about that" - Forest Gump

    HEMI-Powered, Mar 14, 2008
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Suenet Adnimistrator" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:39:29 +0000, craig.richmond wrote:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> How come I can post to this newsgroup without any issues but others I
    >> cannot? My messages never appear?

    > I have banned you from other news groups for improper poasting. Pleace
    > check yuor email for instructions on how to lift this ban and report back
    > here.

    Which newsgroups would this be?

    Guest, Mar 16, 2008