    They keep coming out blurry. I have a cheap scanner and it seems to do
    a better job. I am using the closeup function. I took a pic of my
    driver's license and it was very clear.

    personal_hygiene, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Scan your Gold Nugget at 1200 dpi or more if available. It should come out
    great.
    Tip... Turn off your room lights and leave the scanner cover off, or up
    out of the way.
    You will get a stunning image of a bright gold nugget on a jet black
    background.
    It's very difficult to get this effect with a camera.
    Some very thin scanners (e.g. Canon LiDE series) have very shallow Depth
    of Field and don't do well on 3-D subjects.
    FWIW.... You can use an ordinary magnifying glass or a jeweler's loupe to
    make a pretty decent macro adapter.
    I still prefer the scanner. It is so much easier and the image is so
    dramatic.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Oct 13, 2003

  3. personal_hygiene

    robertmaasjr Guest

    "Robert E. Williams" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Scan your Gold Nugget at 1200 dpi or more if available. It should come out
    > great.
    > Tip... Turn off your room lights and leave the scanner cover off, or up
    > out of the way.
    > You will get a stunning image of a bright gold nugget on a jet black
    > background.
    > It's very difficult to get this effect with a camera.
    > Some very thin scanners (e.g. Canon LiDE series) have very shallow Depth
    > of Field and don't do well on 3-D subjects.
    > FWIW.... You can use an ordinary magnifying glass or a jeweler's loupe to
    > make a pretty decent macro adapter.
    > I still prefer the scanner. It is so much easier and the image is so
    > dramatic.
    > Bob Williams

    Thank you for the good answer. I'll use the scanner. thanks:)

    robertmaasjr, Oct 17, 2003