    in an dual boot PC workstation (no Domain controller) of XP Pro and XP 64,
    is it possible the clone SID and groups in the XP Pro to XP 64?

    It will shorten the access list and make it easier to manage access.

    gs, Aug 8, 2006

  2. no. But if you're in a domain, then you don't have to worry about it, since
    you'd be using domain credentials.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2006

  3. gs

    gs Guest

    what if I clone the XP partition, clean the cloned installation of
    applications,..., upgrade to 64bit?

    Or no upgrade path?

    gs, Aug 8, 2006
  4. gs

    Jane C Guest

    You cannot upgrade from 32bit XP to XP x64. Clean install only.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Aug 8, 2006
  5. No upgrade path. XP x64 requires a fresh, clean, install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2006
  6. gs

    gs Guest

    too bad that no upgrade possible

    what about the SAM,..., C:\Documents and Settings\userName\Application
    Data\Identities
    can I import them?

    gs, Aug 8, 2006