    read it...but not install from it.
    THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
    PROTECTION?

    F Sutherland, May 1, 2005

  2. F Sutherland

    Mike Easter Guest

    F Sutherland wrote:

    > any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install
    > it from the clone?

    You need to know the copy protection strategy.

    > I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put
    > the copy in the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I
    > don't know. I can read it...but not install from it.
    > THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
    > PROTECTION?

    http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections.shtml -- CD/DVD
    Protections - This page contains a list of all known CD & DVD
    Protections which are currently on the market, how they can be detected
    and how to by-pass many of them.

    \\ There are currently a number of tools which are able to detect which
    CD Protection is being used on you original CD's, checkout the CD/DVD
    Utilities page to get them! This page also includes tools to create your
    own protected data & audio CD's! //

    <Disclaimer -- I don't know anything about the information at that site>

    The site has information and links about clonecd and its updates.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 2, 2005

  3. F Sutherland

    pcbutts1 Guest

    First you have to determine what type of protection is on it, using on of
    these
    http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Clony_XXL_2_0_1_5
    http://www.download.com/Custom-Reader/3000-9227_4-10380702.html?tag=lst-0-1
    Then use Alcohol 120% to burn it.
    http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

    pcbutts1, May 2, 2005
  4. F Sutherland

    Guest

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:28:04 -0400, "F Sutherland"
    <> wrote:

    |>any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install it from
    |>the clone? I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put the copy in
    |>the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I don't know. I can
    |>read it...but not install from it.
    |>THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
    |>PROTECTION?

    CloneCD is no long cracking protection, the older versions do, but
    protection has improved

    They have moved tho, not sure if their producing or not.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7947

    --

    , May 2, 2005