    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Birk Binnard

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Birk Binnard"

    >My Epson 1280 has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years .... but now the
    >Light Cyan print head fails to print the bottom 1 1/2 bars of the test
    >pattern.
    >
    >Is there anything I can do besides more head cleanings?

    When I dedicated an Epson printer to black/white I ran a cleaning fluid cart
    thru the heads to wipe out all the color inks. Lysonic and MIS make cleaning
    carts for many Epsons, not certain about the chipped models like the 1280
    though. You can probably find them with Google. Dunno if this will work for
    you or not but worth a try.

    >My printer has a Continuous Flow ink system so I have
    >literally unlimited ink available.

    I've heard a lot of complaints about the Continuous Flow inks clogging Epson
    printers. One of the Shutterbug editors ended up replacing an Epson 1280 after
    using them, for example.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Tony Spadero, advised some time back that to turn the printer on and off
    once a day allowing the printer to go through its head cleaning cycle which
    helps keep the printer trouble free, I seldom have to clean the heads
    so I think Tony is right on target about that.

    with regard to your advice Bill, not to far off I think the cleaning cartridges availble
    through www.inkjetmall.com may solve Birk's problem.

    At this point there's nothing to lose and all to gain.

    --
    "ANFAWFOS"
    Check out my website @
    Gregory W. Blank, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Birk Binnard

    Birk Binnard Guest

    I called the Epson tech support folks and they said I need to take the
    printer to a repair place....the implication being that i need a new
    printhead.

    As far as the CFS goes....those systems use the same ink that refillable
    cartridges use. So I doubt that's a problem.
    ---------------
    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Birk Binnard

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Birk Binnard"

    >As far as the CFS goes....those systems use the same ink that refillable
    >cartridges use. So I doubt that's a problem.

    You might check out this site, which tested the 3rd party inks and found them
    lacking for clogging and/or print quality and print longevity.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 24, 2003