    keeping time. What needs to be done to fix this for good?
    Thanks if you can help.
    Pat
    Pat, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Pat

    Chet Guest

    Is it losing time when power is on or off? If while power is off, you
    probably need a new battery. If while powered on you have something
    stealing machine cycles.

    Chet, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    I think it is loosing power while its on. Does the BIOS need reset after the
    battery is changed, if so what is likely to be corrected?

    Pat, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Pat

    Robert Baer Guest

    Pat wrote:

    > The time and date on my computer has to be corrected daily as it is not
    > keeping time. What needs to be done to fix this for good?
    > Thanks if you can help.
    > Pat

    The date should be OK; the time can vary because the crystals used are
    cheap; railroad watches and many (older) pocket watches weer far
    superior.
    Now if you have "hot-rodded" your computer, then it is your fault that
    it is worse than "normal".
    Robert Baer, Dec 15, 2003
  5. Pat

    Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 06:05:28 -0000, "Pat" <>
    wrote:

    >The time and date on my computer has to be corrected daily as it is not
    >keeping time. What needs to be done to fix this for good?
    >Thanks if you can help.
    >Pat

    If a new battery doesn't fix it, search for software "atomtime" or
    similar types.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 15, 2003