    Thanks

    ~ david ~
    , Mar 11, 2008

  2. VanguardLH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an atomic clock pinging utility and every time I use it it
    >will
    > ping the system clock back a whole hour. Now... we are in Daylight
    > Savings Time earlier than usual.
    >
    > Any work arounds for this? I have tried several different time
    > servers and they all do the same thing. I have tried different
    > things
    > with my system clock with the automatically checking for DST etc...
    > and I cannot get it to sync up with the atomic clock.

    Check the timezone configured in Date applet in Control Panel.

    I don't use "atomic clock" (is the lower-cased name actually to mean
    the Atomic Clock utility or some generic family of time-sync
    products?). Maybe it has a setting regarding the timezone. Also, it
    may have a setting to NOT sync the time if there is more than N
    minutes of difference between the current time and the corrected time.
    I use SocketWatch and it has an option (that is not enabled) to not
    sync the time if the difference is more than 100 minutes (the default
    but can be changed).
    VanguardLH, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > I have an atomic clock pinging utility

    This is the part where you name the specific utility.

    > Any work arounds for this?

    My specific NIST utility was obtained from the NIST site
    http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm Software and Instructions -
    Public Domain NIST Software - Windows 95 and later (32 or 64-bit) -
    Version 3.31 - 20 September 2007

    My utility requires that I have my timezone set correctly.

    As I am using a native W98se system on this computer, which native W98
    has not been upgraded with a 3rd party tool to autoset DST, then twice a
    year I reset my timezone from PST which is -0800 UTC to Arizona time
    which is -0700 UTC (corresponding to PDT) in the spring and then back to
    PST in the fall.

    That way my NIST gizmo can keep my computer's clock set accurately all
    the time.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 11, 2008
  4. tom Guest

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have an atomic clock pinging utility and every time I use it it
    > >will
    > > ping the system clock back a whole hour. Now... we are in Daylight
    > > Savings Time earlier than usual.
    > >
    > > Any work arounds for this? I have tried several different time
    > > servers and they all do the same thing. I have tried different
    > > things
    > > with my system clock with the automatically checking for DST etc...
    > > and I cannot get it to sync up with the atomic clock.

    I'm in the central time zone but after the DST change last Sunday I needed
    to change to the eastern time zone for my clock to correctly update. Not
    sure why but it's a simple change to get my computer clock to update
    correctly.
    tom, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:36:05 -0500, "tom" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm in the central time zone but after the DST change last Sunday I needed
    >to change to the eastern time zone for my clock to correctly update. Not
    >sure why but it's a simple change to get my computer clock to update
    >correctly.

    Sounds like you don't have the new Daylight Savings Time patch for
    Windoze.
    Evan Platt, Mar 11, 2008
  6. tom Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:36:05 -0500, "tom" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I'm in the central time zone but after the DST change last Sunday I

    needed
    > >to change to the eastern time zone for my clock to correctly update. Not
    > >sure why but it's a simple change to get my computer clock to update
    > >correctly.

    > Sounds like you don't have the new Daylight Savings Time patch for
    > Windoze.

    Correct.
    tom, Mar 11, 2008