    the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    why does it do this ? (windows xp.)
    gary hescott, Jan 13, 2008

  2. gary hescott

    SJP Guest

    "gary hescott" <> wrote in message
    news:%dlij.12096$...
    > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    > cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    Motherboard battery failing
    SJP, Jan 13, 2008

  3. gary hescott

    VanguardLH Guest

    > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt
    > seem to cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    By how much do you need to alter it? An hour every time?
    VanguardLH, Jan 13, 2008
  4. gary hescott

    ded Guest

    > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    > cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    your description of problem is vague, but it's probably the CMOS battery
    Read this:
    http://www.pctechbytes.com/computer/article-21.html

    Then google: replacing CMOS battery
    You'll get plenty of results on how to do it
    ded, Jan 13, 2008
  5. gary hescott

    Plato Guest

    gary hescott wrote:

    > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    > cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    It has nothing to do with XP.

    However, it's often due to your cmos battery needing replacing or some
    dodgy app you are running 24.7

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 14, 2008
  6. gary hescott

    Plato Guest

    ded wrote:

    > > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    > > cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)
    > >

    > your description of problem is vague, but it's probably the CMOS battery
    > Read this:
    > http://www.pctechbytes.com/computer/article-21.html
    >
    > Then google: replacing CMOS battery
    > You'll get plenty of results on how to do it

    I've had computers with perfect cmos batteries and fresh OS and the
    clock never was accurate. Sometimes the cmos battery circuit on the
    motherboard goes bad and the only thing you can do in that case is use a
    time synchronizer.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 14, 2008
  7. gary hescott

    BK Guest

    gary hescott wrote:
    > the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    > cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    > why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    If it happens after a shutdown, then you need to replace your BIOS
    battery (the small battery on your machine's motherboard), a relatively
    easy fix.
    BK, Jan 16, 2008