    lose minutes and not exactly one hour each time?
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Scott

    Kracka, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Kracka

    Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:35:28 +1100, "Kracka" <>
    wrote:

    >Anybody have any ideas why my computer clock reverts EXACTLY one hour?
    >This seems to happen about once a day at different times but it always
    >happens exactly on the hour.
    >i.e: If the actual time is 5.00pm, the hard drive starts clicking away for a
    >while and then the clock shows 4.00pm. It will only happen at, say 5.00pm
    >and not 5.14pm for instance.
    >Sometimes it will freeze the computer and I have to reboot but sometimes I
    >can continue as normal.
    >I am running Win 98 SE and I have the up to date Microsoft patches and
    >Norton Antivirus definitions.
    >Ad-aware shows no spyware either.
    >I thought of the computer clock battery but if that was dying, wouldn't it
    >lose minutes and not exactly one hour each time?
    >Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >Scott

    Did you miss the end of daylight savings a couple of weeks ago?

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Nov 23, 2003

  3. Kracka

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would definitely try another battery for the mother board, or use a DVM to
    check it. I have seen the battery cause clock problems!

    Make sure that the bios auto clock set is set properly. This is the auto
    EST and DST settings. Make sure you are not running any of these auto- time
    set programs, that set the time from the net unintended. I have seen some
    systems have problems, because of how the time setting software is set up.
    Usually these will set the clock on the hour. I have a feeling that you
    have a combination of faults.

    One very good auto-time set program is the one from the NIST. It works well
    to set the time, but it can be unstable in the auto mode. It is free, and
    there are no spywares with it.
    http://www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm I use this utility
    manually about twice a week, by simply opening it from a shortcut, and then
    clicking on it to update the time.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG