    Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

    Also, how long do entries remain on the Clipboard?

    Bernie Beal.
    Bernie Beal, Sep 2, 2010

  2. Bernie Beal

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 02/09/2010 in message <> Bernie
    Beal wrote:

    >Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

    Yes (rtfClipFormats is a Rich Text Box):

    private void GetFormats()
    {
    IDataObject iData = Clipboard.GetDataObject();
    String[] arrayOfFormats = iData.GetFormats(false);
    rtfClipFormats.Clear();
    foreach (string dataType in arrayOfFormats)
    rtfClipFormats.Text = rtfClipFormats.Text + dataType + Environment.NewLine;
    }

    You can call the function from a timer or just when needed.

    >Also, how long do entries remain on the Clipboard?

    Usually until something replaces it, although some programs offer to clear
    the Clipboard on exit.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Jeff Gaines, Sep 2, 2010

  3. "Bernie Beal" wrote in message

    > Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

    On which OS? XP's clipbrd.exe gives you some views of what is there.

    Also, what I used to do with it, is use its File, Save command and then
    browse with Notepad the *.clp file that procedure creates. That gives even
    more (semi-readable) clues. ; )

    I wonder if PowerShell has some functions for working with the
    ClipBoard?...

    Maybe not? It looks as if someone had to write some extensions for it to
    do that...

    http://pscx.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Clipboard

    Still, if there's source for that Get-Clipboard function it could give you
    some ideas about how you could list whatever knowledge PowerShell has of the
    current ClipBoard contents.

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Robert Aldwinckle, Sep 2, 2010
  4. Bernie Beal

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Bernie.

    One clumsy way is just to open Notepad and press <Ctrl>+V. This Pastes the
    Clipboard contents into Notepad, where you can read it. At least, if the
    contents are Plain Text. Otherwise you might need to Paste it into Word or
    Excel or whatever app it was Copied to the Clipboard from.

    How long do they remain? Until you Copy something else, which overwrites
    what was there.

    There are third-party clipboards that can store a stack of entries and peel
    off the one you select, but I've never used one of those and can't think of
    the name of one at the moment.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Sep 3, 2010
  5. Bernie Beal

    Zaidy036 Guest

    In article <>, says...