    Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    in OE ?

    TIA
    Mr Teatime, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Mr Teatime

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:

    > Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    > in OE ?

    Oh dear. e-mail is about words.
    Gordon, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Mr Teatime

    Mr Teatime Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
    >
    >> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
    >> clipart
    >> in OE ?

    > Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    Oh dear, stay in the 20th century.
    Mr Teatime, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Mr Teatime

    Peter Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
    >
    >> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
    >> clipart in OE ?

    > Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    It should be.
    Sadly, it is getting more and more about looks in place of content. That,
    and lots of html spam and viruses.
    Almost all the html email I get is spam.

    Peter
    Peter, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Mr Teatime

    Tony Guest

    "Mr Teatime" <> wrote in message

    > I have Works Word 2003 with some clipart.
    > I preferred 2001 clipart, which I still have on the computer.
    > I can copy all the WMF files into the same folder that Word accesses for
    > clipart, but it
    > seems to no longer have the keywords needed to do searches.
    > Is it possible to Import WMFs and retain the keywords ?
    >
    > Also, I can Insert Clipart online from Microsoft, but can I download 1000s
    > of pics to my computer for use offline ?
    > Are there separate collections of decent indexed clipart that can be
    > imported into Word Clipart Collections ?
    >
    > Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    > in OE ?
    >

    > TIA

    Lotsa people having probs with this. You can add clipart from anywhere, but
    not merge it with the existing stuff.
    You have to create a New Collection first. Or try Insert - Object -
    Microsoft Clip Gallery to get the old clipart.

    For email use Insert Picture ...
    Tony, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Mr Teatime

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, in message
     <pG8se.7922$>, Mr Teatime wrote:

    > 2001 clipart, which I still have on the computer.
    > all the WMF files

    ---snip---

    > Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    > in OE ?

    Open the WMF files in IrfanView <"http://www.irfanview.com/"> and
    save them as GIF or JPEG files.

    You probably can't expect everyone's email program to show WMFs inline,
    but GIFs and JPEGs stand a better chance.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you;
    but if you really make them think, they'll hate you."
    Ralph Fox, Jun 16, 2005
  7. Mr Teatime wrote:
    >>>Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my
    >>>clipart
    >>>in OE ?

    >>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    > Oh dear, stay in the 20th century.

    if it means that emails are informative and without pictures(unless
    necessary like a diagram), let alone crappy clipart, then I will gladly
    stay in the 20th century.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 16, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:07:13 +1200, Mr Teatime wrote:
    >
    >> Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    >> in OE ?

    >Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 17, 2005
  9. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>Also, what about Outlook Express ? Is there an easy way to use my clipart
    >>>in OE ?

    >>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    > Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

    because it always used to be...
    if you want evolved email, use incredimail... shudder.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 29, 2005
  10. In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >>>Oh dear. e-mail is about words.

    >> Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

    >because it always used to be...

    No it wasn't. Even before MIME, there was ASCII art and uuencode. Crude,
    but still graphic.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 15, 2005
  11. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

    >>because it always used to be...

    > No it wasn't. Even before MIME, there was ASCII art and uuencode. Crude,
    > but still graphic.

    ok then, you win... pedant.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 17, 2005
  12. In article <>, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >In article <>,

    >>> Since when? Postal mail was never text-only, so why should e-mail be so?

    >>because it always used to be...

    >No it wasn't. Even before MIME, there was ASCII art and uuencode. Crude,
    >but still graphic.

    Well yeah ... but you had to be really keen ... and 99.99967 % of people
    werebn't ... and even if they were, it was still only text and so, very
    small compared to even a small .jpg :) :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 17, 2005