clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by - Bobb -, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    I just downloaded the clinic and when I get to this section:

    Preparing to Install or Upgrade to Windows XP (Problem 3)
    It states:

    "Instruct the user to run the File Settings and Transfer Wizard on the Windows 98 computer. This will copy all the files specified
    and all the applications settings that the user has specified to a shared folder on a server. He can then run the File Settings and
    Transfer Wizard on the Windows XP computer.

    The user must first run the wizard on the Windows XP computer. This will create a Transfer Wizard disk which will allow the user to
    run the wizard on the Windows 98 computer."

    Huh ? Is that reversed ?

    Should it be run on the Win98 Pc first OR the XP box first (to create the disk) ?

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Dec 11, 2005

  2. - Bobb -

    Taylor Guest

    98 Computer first, it will install the FSTW into 98 and then create a
    disk to transfer to Win XP.

    Don't get hung up on questions that are this difficult right now, move
    on and keep studying.

    Taylor
    --
    MCP, MCDST

    Taylor, Dec 12, 2005

  3. - Bobb -

    Taylor Guest

    Rather than a disk in this situation, a share on a server.

    Taylor
    --
    MCP, MCDST

    Taylor, Dec 12, 2005
  4. - Bobb -

    sarath Guest

    There is nothing wrong with explains. Answer is here. Check it out.

    "The user must first run the wizard on the Windows XP computer. This will
    create a Transfer Wizard disk which will allow the user to
    run the wizard on the Windows 98 computer."

    Wizard must have to run first 98 and after that XP. However, creating a
    wizard disk is another operation..

    Sarath
    --
    MCP, MCDST
    Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.

    sarath, Dec 12, 2005
  5. - Bobb -

    beb Guest

    98 doesn't have a transfer wizard. The wizard must be first ran on the xp
    machine.

    beb, Dec 12, 2005
  6. - Bobb -

    Taylor Guest