ClientMan

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ctrl+Alt+Del_356, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. I've got Clientman. Now how do I get rid of it, short of format c: ? I'm
    using Win98se, IE6. Thanks.

    Ctrl+Alt+Del_356, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    colin Guest

    colin, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Clientman is a bit of a bugger, a week back or so I had roings (malware) on
    my comp, and the only thing that could remove it was hijackthis. But
    hijackthis isn't idiot proof, you have to be careful in what you take off.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  4. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    colin Guest

    Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Clientman is a bit of a bugger, a week back or so I had roings (malware)

    on
    > my comp, and the only thing that could remove it was hijackthis. But
    > hijackthis isn't idiot proof, you have to be careful in what you take

    off.

    > LJ

    After looking at clientmans` complexity of removal, I`d probably backup any
    important stuff off the system, and then format/re-install the OS; but
    that`s just me;)

    colin

    colin, Jun 12, 2004
  5. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
    remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
    i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped it
    from working.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  6. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    > It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
    > remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
    > i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped

    it
    > from working.
    >
    > LJ

    I`m not saying that I`ve got clientman on my system; but if I did have.
    As far as DAP+ goes, I stopped used that a long while ago, as it does
    contain adware; which is the price you pay for using a free download manager
    I suppose.

    The alternative would be to buy the full product, if you like it enough.

    colin, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I stopped using DAP a long time ago as well Colling, but DAP ( the 5xxx Pro
    V or the 7xx Plus) isn't freeware.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Colin, just saw I spelt your name wrong sorry.

    LJ.

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    > Colin, just saw I spelt your name wrong sorry.
    >
    > LJ.

    That`s ok dilligaf.

    I found IDM to be a very good download manager, amongst all of the ones that
    I`ve tried out; but it does expire after 30 days, and gives a nag screen in
    the last 10 of them
    http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

    colin, Jun 12, 2004
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    derek / nul Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:16:46 +1000, "colin" <> wrote:

    >Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
    >> remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
    >> i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped

    >it
    >> from working.
    >>
    >> LJ
    >>

    >I`m not saying that I`ve got clientman on my system; but if I did have.
    >As far as DAP+ goes, I stopped used that a long while ago, as it does
    >contain adware; which is the price you pay for using a free download manager
    >I suppose.
    >
    >The alternative would be to buy the full product, if you like it enough.

    There are several freeware download mangers which do NOT contain adware
    www.priceless.org

    derek / nul, Jun 12, 2004
  11. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    >That's ok dilligaf.

    LOL

    I think you were on about the shareware versions of DAP Colin, even after
    you buy them they still have adware in them. Sneaky gits.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  12. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    colin Guest

    derek / nul <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:16:46 +1000, "colin" <> wrote:
    >

    > >Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
    > >> remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from

    working.
    > >> i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it

    stopped
    > >it
    > >> from working.
    > >>
    > >> LJ
    > >>

    > >I`m not saying that I`ve got clientman on my system; but if I did have.
    > >As far as DAP+ goes, I stopped used that a long while ago, as it does
    > >contain adware; which is the price you pay for using a free download

    manager
    > >I suppose.
    > >
    > >The alternative would be to buy the full product, if you like it enough.

    > There are several freeware download mangers which do NOT contain adware
    > www.priceless.org

    Could you have meant
    http://www.pricelessware.org/

    colin, Jun 12, 2004
  13. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    derek / nul Guest

    derek / nul, Jun 12, 2004
  14. Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

    colin Guest

    derek / nul wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:28:37 +1000, "colin" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Could you have meant
    >>http://www.pricelessware.org/

    > yes

    Good website too.