    updates from the SUS server?

    Thanks,

    Gordon
    Gordon J. Rattray, May 25, 2004

  2. Gordon J. Rattray

    Neil Guest

    "Gordon J. Rattray" <> wrote in news:ORrk1ApQEHA.1312
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Seems I've got the GPOs ready in the SUS to automatically update the
    > clients.
    >
    > Windows Server 2003 and XP clients.
    >
    > How can I tell in the clients that it is pointed and ready to get the
    > updates from the SUS server?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gordon

    I believe you will find what you need here

    http://www.susserver.com/

    in either the articles or FAQ section

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 25, 2004

  3. Gordon J. Rattray

    Roger Abell Guest

    A single post to the Sus newsgroup would have been sufficient
    microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

    If the reg settings are as intended, as doc'd in the Sus deployment
    writeup, you should be ready; else use GPMC to see if the GPO
    is effective for selected clients.

    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA