Client Management Software

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by max, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. max

    max Guest

    I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
    if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
    clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.

    What I need it to do are.

    Accept nz dollars.
    Allows GST to be added
    Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
    month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
    middle of a month.
    Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.

    So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
    criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
    any other software that they could recommend?
    PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

    TIA

    Max

    max, Aug 28, 2003

  2. max

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    max <> wrote:

    > I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
    > if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
    > clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.
    >
    > What I need it to do are.
    >
    > Accept nz dollars.
    > Allows GST to be added
    > Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
    > month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
    > middle of a month.
    > Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.
    >
    > So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
    > criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
    > any other software that they could recommend?
    > PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

    Have you thought about developing your own? We were in your situation
    not too long ago and like you, couldn't find anything for our needs,
    which are also similar to yours. Only we wanted to be able to email our
    clients their invoices and payment notices, etc. We're still developing
    ours and its still a while off, but when we do finish it will be
    perfect, for us.

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Aug 28, 2003

  3. max

    max Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:34:56 +1200, madknoxie
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > max <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking at setting up a small hosting company, and just wondering
    >> if any one can recommend software that will allow me to manage my
    >> clients. I have looked at 3, ModernBill, Perlbill and Client Exec.
    >>
    >> What I need it to do are.
    >>
    >> Accept nz dollars.
    >> Allows GST to be added
    >> Allow recurring billing and allow billing to be made on the 1st of the
    >> month plus payment for the remaining month if someone joins in the
    >> middle of a month.
    >> Allows both manual cheque and autopayment options.
    >>
    >> So far Client exec and modern bill don't look to full all those
    >> criteria, and I am not sure if Perl bill does either. Anyone know of
    >> any other software that they could recommend?
    >> PS Also needs to work on a linux server.

    >Have you thought about developing your own? We were in your situation
    >not too long ago and like you, couldn't find anything for our needs,
    >which are also similar to yours. Only we wanted to be able to email our
    >clients their invoices and payment notices, etc. We're still developing
    >ours and its still a while off, but when we do finish it will be
    >perfect, for us.

    Unfortionately I don't have the skills or time. Perlbill does look
    about right, and I know quite a few companies in NZ do use it.

    max, Aug 28, 2003