    view to list from manual.

    Thanks

    JM
    JM, Apr 5, 2004

  2. JM

    hushia Guest

    "JM" <> wrote in message
    news:%F7cc.8926$3%...
    <snip>
    > how can I make the view of my files default to list view as
    > opposed to thumbnail all the time. <snip>

    In Windows explorer select the list view. Then go to Tools > Folder options
    hushia, Apr 5, 2004

  3. JM

    pcbutts1 Guest

    1)Delete all *.pwl files. (Start/Search/Files or Folders and search your
    drive for them.)

    2) Now go to: Start/Settings/Control Panel/NetworkIcon/Configuration Tab.
    Make sure that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is in the list. If it is not
    there, then install it:
    a. Push ADD button
    b. highlight "Client" in the list shown
    c. Push ADD button
    d. Under Manufacturers, highlight "Microsoft"
    e. Under Network Clients, highlight "Client for Microsoft Networks"
    f. Push OK button
    g. Double click on tcp/ip->Dial up Adapter. Select the "Bindings" tab
    and uncheck Client for MS Networks
    h. click ok

    3) Make sure that "Windows Logon" is selected in the "Primary
    Network Logon" box.

    4) Reboot your computer

    5) When you see the "Enter username and password" logon screen during the
    reboot, enter a name only and click "OK" with no password entered.

    6) You will be prompted to confirm, click ok again with no password entered.

    That's it. You will no longer see the windows password screen on bootup and
    password should now save.

    "JM" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have 2 questions, I just installed Win ME on a formatted hard drive and
    > was wondering how to get rid of the pop up window when desktop comes on
    > asking u for password. I just click ok or cancel anyhow and it clears. I
    > think it can be removed in BIOS screen but I'm not sure.
    >
    > 2nd q i have is how can I make the view of my files default to list view

    as
    > opposed to thumbnail all the time. Each time I have to manually change

    the

    pcbutts1, Apr 6, 2004
  4. JM

    JM Guest